Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 935 Driving Prodigy? Yep.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
This car was commissioned to be built by his Dad to honor John Paul Jr. and draw awareness to Huntington's Disease. His son just turned 15 and is piloting this 935 around Road Atlanta in the vid below. He has been bred to do this from a young age - mainly through carting.

Enjoy!

Tony

Yeah. That young kid is driving his Dad's 935 in anger!
Click to view attachment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAFMo-kaHQ
sb914
Wow! Kid is fast,no fear at that age! Nice job .
Dave_Darling
...And the car is positively BRUTAL!!

--DD
Cracker
Yes it is Dave...another 4 seconds, it'll be as fast as a teener! shades.gif

Willis is coming on strong and his dad is not only very wealthy, he's a total gear-head. Truth be known - the boost was turned
down for Willis - its capable of making 750 hp - not sure of its output here but it was still relatively high (but not THAT high).

They turned down P _ _ _ _ _ E this year - conflicts with schooling. Must be nice to have "those" kind of options...

T

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 5 2016, 10:48 AM) *

...And the car is positively BRUTAL!!

--DD
raynekat
Video became 1000% better after they lost the music.
What are people thinking when they add music to a Porsche track video.
Is it supposed to make the video more exciting?
Not too me, just aggravates me to no end.
Crazy to me....

I'd like to hear what that 935 engine sounds like with a little more HP dialed in.
Cracker
QUOTE(raynekat @ Oct 5 2016, 02:46 PM) *

Video became 1000% better after they lost the music.
I'd like to hear what that 935 engine sounds like with a little more HP dialed in.

Just for you...no music, because I aim to please! beerchug.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-SJeByyM4
ripper911
But would the drive train fit in a 914?
Cairo94507
Wow - that was enjoyable. Yeah, to be young and unaware of one's own mortality.....Looked like he was doing a good job though.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Cracker @ Oct 5 2016, 08:13 AM) *

Yes it is Dave...another 4 seconds, it'll be as fast as a teener! shades.gif

Depends on the 914. And the driver. (I would be about forty seconds a lap slower, myself!!)

But I didn't mean brutal as in "a fast time around the track", but as in "lots of power comes on at once in a big wallop and is one heck of a handful". Even with the car "dialed back" you can still see there are a number of times he has to catch it when the turbo spins up and shoves all the air in.

--DD
fixer34
What is the squealing noise? When he hits the brakes??
Catorse
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Oct 5 2016, 04:13 PM) *

sounds like a glazed over or vibrating pad. Not a sound I'd want to hear on a race car...
pete000
Impressive !

Racing brakes make lots of groaning and squealing noises...
Cracker
Actually boys...its totally normal. You'll hear on many, many race cars - including my own. Everything is fine and right.

Tony

QUOTE(Catorse @ Oct 5 2016, 07:28 PM) *

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Oct 5 2016, 04:13 PM) *

sounds like a glazed over or vibrating pad. Not a sound I'd want to hear on a race car...

carr914
that car was built in Tampa
Cracker
So nothing happens like this in Tampa without you knowing about it - cool! beerchug.gif

T

QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 5 2016, 07:36 PM) *

that car was built in Tampa

Cracker
This is Jim Pace - an amazing driver in his own right piloting the same car at Road America. I can assure you Jim wouldn't step into the car without it being 100% correct. It sounds really no different from the Road Atlanta video - maybe they were running full boost. You can also hear the brakes squealing again - all good.

PS: For anyone who wants to ever get onto a race track - watching Jim's videos is worth every second. This one has real-time commentary and is certainly worth the 10 minutes it runs.

DD: I totally agree with you...

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78rLhnr95Oc
infraredcalvin
Totally worth the watch! Thanks for posting!
porschetub
See PlayStation is useful...for something.
Cracker
For you SIXAHOLICS: Sebring 12-hour Champion - Jim Pace at Serbring in a REAL 911 RSR with real time commentary...

PS: Shane and George - you need Jim in your chump car at Sebring!!! piratenanner.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o4_X0DxZlU
Catorse
Cracker,

Thanks for posting the Pace vids. I didn't know this guy from a hole in the ground, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed his commentary. Really awesome stuff!
mb911
Very cool reminds me of my 911 turbo conversion wicked fast add a couple hundred hp to that with a race car weight and look out.. The boost coming on in my car was so awesome but also so scary at times as well..
Cracker
Amazing all that we don't know...right below out nose too! He is a real master of high horsepower, no driver aids, cars of yesteryear. Glad you enjoyed him - there's plenty more out there.

Tony

QUOTE(Catorse @ Oct 6 2016, 11:37 AM) *

Cracker,

Thanks for posting the Pace vids. I didn't know this guy from a hole in the ground, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed his commentary. Really awesome stuff!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.