Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey , can this work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blk'72

looking at buying this.....I dont know what I need to fit our teeners....

universal ball bearing quick release kit for any cars equipped with after market hubs. Ball bearing swivel mechanism, slide the steering wheel onto the hub and swivel the steering wheel will lock itself into place the steering wheel off same position you took the (goes on one way). Kit also act as a 50mm spacer by pulling the steering wheel towards the driver, comes with wires to hook up horn button with the grounding plates from the existing steering wheel hub. In addition, the kit act as anti-theft mechanism where most thefts will be discouraged in stealing the car without a steering wheel!
Condition: BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX, NEVER BEEN TRIED ON AND USED

??? mueba.gif
seems pretty simple, but which set up do you guys have?
I would buy this right now if I was sure it could work on my car.....I have a hub on there from the previous owner, not a momo, not a grant ....I dunno chairfall.gif ...but he had an aftermarket steering wheel, with no name brand on it.....

Anyone up to answer my questions in Pleasanton?
R.
BatFromHell
Make sure spline on your car steering shaft matches spline on hub if it has one.
If it is weld on type and O.D. of steering shaft matches I.D. of hub.
Bob's yur Uncle.
blk'72
yo bob my uncle/ I SPEAK ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE lol2.gif
Everything you just said doesnt make sense to MOI.
Please explain.....
-what is the spline on my car steering shaft and how does it match others???
Tx wacko.gif
R.

Joe Bob
The quick release mechanism is two pieces....

The first piece needs to fit the 914 spline on the steering column.

The second piece THEN needs to be compatible with the steering wheel you chose.....

So...best to buy the QR and the steering wheel from the same manufacturer...
BatFromHell
Splines are vertical "teeth" (male set) that are machined in at the end of the steering shaft and the hub has a set of exact same vertical "teeth" machined in on it (female set). This allows the hub to be
pressed onto the shaft and therefore allow the steering wheel (when mounted onto the hub) to turn the shaft. See pic. "Teeth" on end of transmission main shaft are called "splines". Should have similar "teeth" on steering shaft.

I.D. = inner diameter
O.D. = outer diameter
Jeroen
check out this guy:

http://www.goingsuperfast.com
Mueller
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 18 2005, 06:18 PM)
check out this guy:

those are pretty good prices on quite a bunch of his stuff...thanks for the link...
machina
i like this QR because it is super low profile. you don't need any hub adapter if you have a momo wheel pattern. the splined sleeve fits right on the shaft.

http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/home.asp?categ=164
jonwatts
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 18 2005, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 18 2005, 06:18 PM)
check out this guy:

those are pretty good prices on quite a bunch of his stuff...thanks for the link...

If you follow the link to his ebay store you realize his prices are better than what's listed on the site.

I just bought this Type-2, (haven't received it yet). The description sounds exactly the same as what blk'72 was asking about, so to answer your original question, this thing is in two parts and mounts between the hub and the steering wheel. I believe the type-2 only works with the MOMO / Sparco bolt pattern, so you should check your steering wheel bolt spacing to make sure it's compatible (I think the MOMO spacing is 70mm).

Thanks Jeroen for originally tipping us off to this guy many many months ago aktion035.gif

blk'72
kool guys, thanks for the info.
Its always good to learn new stuff.
R.
Oracle
jonwatts ,

Just curious if you received the type-2 quick release yet? If so, did it work?

I ordered one myself (mainly as a theft deterrent), but I'm not sure if it will fit my "personal" brand steering wheel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.