Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MIG Recommendation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pjf
Hi All,
I'm looking to do some rust and panel repair and was wondering if anyone out there can tell me if continuous voltage adjustment on a MIG welder is something I should get or will regular step adjustment be OK? Thanks.
Brad Roberts
Step is fine for our German steel. The other is for the Japanese metal being sent out to body shops (very thin). Very difficult to weld the Jap/Asian steel.. so you need the continous for it.

B
Brad Roberts
Oh.. and welcome clap.gif I see you are a newbie.

B
TravisNeff
either one should be fine, the infinite is nice adjustment so if you need 2 1/2 - you have it. It does, however promote you to start futzing with the controls all the time..
riverman
agree.gif

Infinite can be nice, but for the price I don't think it's worth it for just working on your teener. If you plan on doing other stuff, you might want to consider it.
9144guy
i weld on 911s and 914s i weld cont. just watch the puddle when it cools hit it agian ive welded a pop can its easy,people say (its not strong that way) what do they know .ive been trough xrays and bend tests ... just watch the puddle on thin stuff, make a pool and watch it harden (light orange) the make another pass ,let cool and so on .i have found tig can be hard because of the filler in the body and seams (pops alot)
9144guy
thats my home progect, a 110 welder, at work i use a mlller 250 or a 250 syncrowave
Qarl
How about a Mig 29?

user posted image
pjf
Thanks all. Looks like the step welder for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.