Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Florida Members Check In
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
We have lots of members in the path of Matthew. Please let us know you are OK.

FourBlades
I evacuated to Orlando. My neighbor stayed and reported that my house and cars are ok.

I lost most of my trees but that is minor.

Hope everyone else is ok.

John
76-914
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Oct 7 2016, 02:22 PM) *

I evacuated to Orlando. My neighbor stayed and reported that my house and cars are ok.

I lost most of my trees but that is minor.

Hope everyone else is ok.

John

Good news John, sort of. Glad to hear the cars are OK. Houses are easily repaired/replaced. 914's and personal possessions, not so easily replaced. Recieved the instructions. TY. Kent beerchug.gif
914 Ranch
Thanks John. I was wondering as you are so close to the beach. Lots of wind here and over 6.5 inches of rain. 20 minutes of clean-up and I was done.
DRPHIL914
Trees down severe flooding in SC, seeing pictures on line , local paper(island packet) for Hilton head and Bluffton show some homes and cars with major damage power outages are widespread- have not heard or seen any in my specific neighborhood yet-
We will not likely get home until Monday for Tuesday- I95 blocked all lanes right now in SE South Carolina
daytona
We are in Ormond Beach. We did not evacuate and were very lucky to just lose one small tree. Lost electric and water for about a day and half, but back to normal now.
Friends and family all ok.
Bill.
islabob
Evacuated to Orlando ,roof damage ,pool enclosure damage and lost some trees . Power never went off here but some parts of the island still do not have power.
DRPHIL914
Just found out from someone in the area took some pictures, no damage to our home, some branches and debris to clean up - evacuation not lifted yet, glad to report no deaths in this area- many not so lucky with low level flooding of some homes-
Many still with out power but our association says power is on in our area- we have underground power lines mostly so that helps .
Earlier today there were people trying to go back and were turned away by the national guard and other law enforcement - idiots- it's all over social media and web sites that until we have the evacuation lifted that unless you have a government issued really entry pass you will not be let in!!!!
I've heard that due to the amount of trees they have been blown down in Hilton head that it could be 3-4 days to open the bridge to hhi to general public.
-
Rsjg911
Our thoughts go out to all of those affected by Hurricane Matthew. We live in the Ft. Lauderdale area and were spared as the storm stayed far enough off-shore when it passed by us. While we had to put up and take down the shutters I would gladly do that for a month of Sundays as opposed to sustaining damage. We had a direct hit from Wilma in 2005 and while it was only a strong Category 1, it did extensive damage to roofs and landscaping/trees. I can't imagine what a Cat 4 would do. Again, we hope our friends to the North are safe and able to resume their lives soon.
Morph914
Evacuated to Ocala and then to family in St Petersburg. We returned home today and found ourselves to be very lucky, we are only 2 blocks from the beach but somehow avoided any flooding when others in this area were not so lucky. Lost all contents of both refrigerators do to losing power, and much debri to clean up in the yard but overal in excellent shape.
Didn't have to worry about the car as it is still in the Napa area of Cali. I split my time between the two locations during the spring and summer months. Not sure if I will bring the ride to Florida or not.

Cheers,
John
barefoot
We evacuated Charleston, but really didn't need to as damage was not very bad
Car OK and had moved my boat away from downtown but those that didn't were OK
Barefoot
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(barefoot @ Oct 9 2016, 10:49 PM) *

We evacuated Charleston, but really didn't need to as damage was not very bad
Car OK and had moved my boat away from downtown but those that didn't were OK
Barefoot

Glad to hear you are doing fine. My daughter has friends from college ( Col. Of C) on Johns Island there and as of this evening they were still with out power.
billh1963
I have two houses in SC and both are without power.

My house in Beaufort in on the water and had about three feet of water under the house. The house is elevated so the main area is okay. However, the washer/dryer and a few other things are trashed. A few trees down and LOTS of debris washed up into the yard (pieces of docks, some small boat, flotsam, etc).

My other house further inland is fine. However, the tree damage is extensive. I lost several huge trees (150+ year old oak, three 100' pine trees). Many roads in town are still closed because of power poles and power lines laying everywhere). May not have power here for several more days.

Oh well, could have been worse! smile.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Oct 10 2016, 04:36 AM) *

I have two houses in SC and both are without power.

My house in Beaufort in on the water and had about three feet of water under the house. The house is elevated so the main area is okay. However, the washer/dryer and a few other things are trashed. A few trees down and LOTS of debris washed up into the yard (pieces of docks, some small boat, flotsam, etc).

My other house further inland is fine. However, the tree damage is extensive. I lost several huge trees (150+ year old oak, three 100' pine trees). Many roads in town are still closed because of power poles and power lines laying everywhere). May not have power here for several more days.

Oh well, could have been worse! smile.gif

Bill are the major roads coming thru orangeburg passible? I'm going to try to go home today but wanted to avoid the traffic jams on the interstate - usually I take 21 , 601 or 321 .
Phil
euro911
Glad to hear you folks fared pretty well beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.