Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help, need to know what I have here!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeInMunich
Hey guys!

This front sway bar was sent over with my re-import 2 years ago. I cannot see from my past messages from whom I bought it. I must have assumed it was for a 914, but it doesn't look like a 914 sway bar, no??

Would really appreciate someone helping me out with 1) What application this thing is for, 2) Is it a complete set? 3) What is it roughly worth?

Thanks! beerchug.gif

Mike in Munich
914Sixer
Looks like a Addco bar set up. It mounts under the body instead of through the body like the factory one.
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 8 2016, 04:44 AM) *

Looks like a Addco bar set up. It mounts under the body instead of through the body like the factory one.

Thanks!
gcrotvik
I think this an aftermarket rear sway bar, not a front bar. The U bolts mount through 4 holes drilled through the trunk floor. Two of the 4 plated plates go on the inner side of the trunk with the U bolts mounting through them. The other 2 plated plates and the plated bushing brackets go on the trans side of the trunk floor. All 3 are sandwiched together and secured with the washers and nuts. The rubber bushings are shown on the bar itself. It looks like you are missing the L tabs that attach to the lower shock bolts. The drop links mount to the end of the bar and to the L tabs.

Greg
Catorse
Also most 911 sway bars don't use drop links they are held in place by brackets welded to the A arms. They also don't have holes on the ends for drop links.
MikeInMunich
I looked at photos. The Addco front sway bar and was pretty sure this was it. I'll post a link after I look at it again later.

M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.