Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 Zambezi Green Roller Prepped for Paint!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
wertygrog
Hi, I purchased this car as a nearly rust-free roller in southern California in June 2012, with the intention of doing a full restoration. Unfortunately, with a baby on the way I have come to face the fact that I won't get to this project for a very long time and would like to see it go to a good home instead.

I paid a talented local body guy to strip the car down to bare metal and repair any rust/damage (almost none found). All work was carried out in my garage under my supervision (little or no filler used). The car is now in primer and is sanded/body-worked and ready for final prep/paint. I was going to paint it back to its original Zambezi Green.

The car appears to be from Arkansas based on an inspection sticker on the windshield from 1980. All coins found during dismantling of the car were pre-1980. The only damage I noted on the car was some wrinkling of one of the headlight buckets, suggesting that it had been hit in that corner at some point. The longs and hell-hole are excellent, as are the floor pans and trunks. The car still has a good condition wiring harness, suspension, and brakes. Will come with various spare parts, but no engine or transmission. I am not sure if this was originally a 2.0L car, if you know of a way to determine this let me know. The pictures show the car on blocks but will provide a set of fully polished Western wheels and tires to make this a roller. The car has a clear title in my name (currently on Non-Op). Located in Escondido, CA.

This is a great start to a 914 restoration project, and the hardest work has been done. It needs a rusty donor car to provide the bits and pieces. I also have a rusty running 1974 2.0L car which could go with it to provide many of these parts.

Asking $4,000 which is less than I paid for the bodywork, but open to offers as well! beerchug.gif

wertygrog
More pics.
wertygrog
More pics.
wertygrog
More pics of the bodywork process.
wertygrog
Last ones, let me know if you need any other info or pics.
wertygrog
I thought I would add that this car has been block-sanded, wet-sanded down to 600, and feather-edged...all to say that the hard and $$$$ work is done, making this a great candidate for a relatively easy paint/assembly project. All the rust-prone areas are intact. smile.gif

914Sixer
PM sent. Does car have front and rear bars?
wertygrog
*SOLD*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.