Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loong Hauul
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixnotfour
Christmas 2003 I went down to LA CA. to pick up a Bridgeport EZ Trak for myself, Eddie was thinking of purchasing a 914 when he saw this one in Sunnyvale,Ca. Long story short I picked it up on the way home , got stuck in the Siskiuyou Mountains for 30 hours I had chains on my duelly no problem untill the truckers got canned up, and they closed the pass.
One Long trip . Luckily the trunk of the 914-6 was full of Porsche Club Pano's I read.
The Red Cross brought by water and balogny sandwiches on snowmobiles.
I was cleaning out garage and found the pics I took on the Oregon side about 20miles down 10:30 at night , box camera I bought.

eddie914 914-6
sixnotfour
wish i had the camera when I was .5 mile from the summit in 3 feet of New snow.
sixnotfour
The Reason I went in the first friggin place.
Root_Werks
I seem to recall Eddie got a good deal on that 914-6 too. I have seen it in action, nice track/street car for sure. Gotta love the snow! boldblue.gif
Eddie914
Sixnotfour,

Thanks again for bringing up the 914-6. It's been a great car. The infamous 2.7 is still running strong. It's only pulled a couple of exhaust studs.

Nice pics. I remeber some of that that snow was still on the car when you brought it up three days later.

I've added glass hood, glass rear deck, 916 front spoiler, front oil cooler, 911SC brakes, baffled megaphones, front fuel pump, carbon fiber door panels, new motor and tranny mounts, 16x8/9 wheels and OMP seat. Once all the gunk was cleaned out of the fuel tank and the Webers were rebuilt, the popping and stumbling went away. The engine must still be in the stock CIS configuation, there is tons of torque and it will easily pull from 1000 - 6700 rpm.

The tranny would not stay in fourth gear until I replaced all the mounts. No problems now.

The goal is for less than 2000 lbs. Last weigh-in was 2080 lbs wet. I've since removed the interior tar mats, switched from the Bursch muffler to the megaphones and removed miscellaneous unused metal bits (hinges, springs and brackets). I might save a pound of two removing the headlight buckets. A smaller battery might be the biggest savings. Finishing the cage will unfortunately add all (if not more) of that back.

Thanks again SNF (Six Not Four)

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.