Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Rebuilder in South West Ohio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
Two part question:

So I need an excellent 911 - 914-6 engine rebuilder in South West Ohio. Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus. The guy I would have trusted died a few years back. sad.gif

Next what should be done to make this a reliable engine with out hurting the value of a 1970 914-6 in almost completely original condition? Oil feed chain tensioners? Revised internals to bring it up to snuff. Turbo valve covers with clearances fins. What else should I look at for this engine. Does not need to be a huge engine. We have my 914 if we need to go fast. But I would like for it to be a rewarding to drive.

Plan on keeping it close to stock as possible, some period correct parts hot rod parts might be added out of my parts bin. Fake widened Mahles or 6.5" Minilites, H&H swaybar, and rebuilt vintage Konis. I would also like to do a side shifter trans, with a LSD. and keep the original parts just incase in my old days I want to put it back to original. Or somebody offers me an insane amount of money. screwy.gif
Mark Henry
You could always send it north. biggrin.gif

Canadian buck is about .70 on the USD.
walterolin
There's a guy near Elizabethvile, ON who seems to know a little bit about such things. Ian Stott has a thread going right now about about a four he rebuilt, Ian kind of likes it.

You should avoid driving through Toronto in the late afternoon, though.
Post your inquiry in the engine forum on the Bird site.
mb911
I would do it but full up right now.. To many projects on the table.
white1975
QUOTE(914forme @ Oct 8 2016, 01:10 PM) *

Two part question:

So I need an excellent 911 - 914-6 engine rebuilder in South West Ohio. Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus. The guy I would have trusted died a few years back. sad.gif

Next what should be done to make this a reliable engine with out hurting the value of a 1970 914-6 in almost completely original condition? Oil feed chain tensioners? Revised internals to bring it up to snuff. Turbo valve covers with clearances fins. What else should I look at for this engine. Does not need to be a huge engine. We have my 914 if we need to go fast. But I would like for it to be a rewarding to drive.

Plan on keeping it close to stock as possible, some period correct parts hot rod parts might be added out of my parts bin. Fake widened Mahles or 6.5" Minilites, H&H swaybar, and rebuilt vintage Konis. I would also like to do a side shifter trans, with a LSD. and keep the original parts just incase in my old days I want to put it back to original. Or somebody offers me an insane amount of money. screwy.gif

just send it to me you don't need it . I do have three spare trannys 2 side one tail
GaroldShaffer
Contact Brad Mayeur (94 LTD) at 309-694-1797 he has a lot of contacts. Not sure if Brad is doing engine rebuilds anymore, but he can point you in the right direction.
Rob-O
Used to be a guy in northern Ohio (near Toledo) named Jay Kholler. Not sure of the spelling of his last name, but it was pronounced jo-lur. I don't have contact info (been since the late 80's since I've spoken to him), but he was pretty well known back in the day.
ledfoot
John Truman (440) 298-3858 located in Cleveland
He builds and maintains all engines for Chuck Stoddard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.