Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about chasis number locations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Luke15

Hi- I have a 1972 914 and I am trying to find where my chasis numbers are? How many are there and where is the one on the engine? I have looked and cannot find it.
Thanks.
Luke
914Sixer
Chassis number will be in two places: Stamped in the right hand side corner of the trunk floor and on the Karman plate in the front of the door jamb.

Engine number will be stamped on the rib top at the transmission end IF it is an original engine. Number should start with W0---------
Tom_T
agree.gif

.... and the VIN will be in 4 placs (5 on some) - in the front trunk in 2 places ; stamped on the top of the passenger wheelwell & on the plate on the pass. side headlight bucket; 1 on the driver side windshield frame; 1 on the VIN sticker on the rear driver door jamb; & some have it written in marker on the frame under the dash.

The transaxle case no. is on the middle area of the center rib on the bottom of the case.

You can find charts with the numbers in the 914 info section on here, plus loads of info & pix of where they are & what they look like on Jeff Bowlsby's classic 914 website, in the Plates, Labels & Numbers section.

Just in case you're looking to verify all numbers on your 72.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.