Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine lid installation problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dudzy's914
Installing the engine/deck lid and having some confusion and the ol Haynes manual is no help. Looked through the forums but could find a good one... Maybe if someone could point me to a good one or answer these questions...
Question 1: does the deck lid tabs go on top of the mounts on the car?
Question 2: how to thread the bolts in? Because the lid is set to be upright, thus leaving no room for the bolts...
TheCabinetmaker
Engine lid tab goes under body tab. Bolt comes in from underneath. Easier with another pair of hands.
EdwardBlume
Put it on loosely, then adjust. I just adjusted the latch L too, very easy. +1 on a lovely assistant for the install... enjoy!
euro911
Another tip: you can modify the hinge part on the engine lid, cutting the oblong holes into slots (with a dremel tool or equivalent cutting implement), so you can leave the bolts in place and slide the lid on, rather than having to position and hold it in place, then trying to start the bolts.
rhodyguy
Yep.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 8 2016, 04:29 PM) *

Another tip: you can modify the hinge part on the engine lid, cutting the oblong holes into slots (with a dremel tool or equivalent cutting implement), so you can leave the bolts in place and slide the lid on, rather than having to position and hold it in place, then trying to start the bolts.

Does anyone have a pic of this?
I need to install my engine lid before trailing the car home.
I'll have a second set of hands, but if this makes it easier.........

I've done the search, but came up with 40 pages of results.

Thanks

smile.gif
barefoot
It helps to have someone stand on the seats & hold the lid while you attach bolts from under. slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.