Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went for a Nice Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Man I love Dads car..... biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Looks good too!
BeatNavy
Beautiful car, Rob. One day I'll have one with a nice paint job like that smile.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Oct 8 2016, 02:54 PM) *

Beautiful car, Rob. One day I'll have one with a nice paint job like that smile.gif

Thanks Rob, I hope Dad is proud of it...

You can have whatever you want.

The best part of this car is the drive... little 2056 on bilsteins, eibach springs, Tarrett bar, roller bearings... tight.

Now I have to figure out the fuel smell......
mepstein
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 8 2016, 06:03 PM) *

The best part of this car is the drive... little 2056 on bilsteins, eibach springs, Tarrett bar, roller bearings... tight.

New fuel tank gaskets. New fuel lines and clamps. New vacum hoses.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 8 2016, 03:26 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 8 2016, 06:03 PM) *

New fuel tank gaskets. New fuel lines and clamps. New vacum hoses.

Thanks. I think its the fuel tank gaskets and the vacuum hoses. I love the smell of fuel but it kind of smells spent, and the only real whiffs is when the suspension shakes the tank real good.
Amphicar770
Probably not the fuel tank gasket or vacuum
Lines. More likely fuel lines. It is a beautiful car. Don't risk it going up in flames, fix what needs fixing.
mepstein
I had done all the things I have suggested and it made a big difference. One of my guys then found one of my fuel clamps was just a little too large and it was weeping a tiny bit of fuel. Not dripping. Just enough to make the faintest odor. For the minimal cost of gaskets, fuel lines, seals and vacumn lines, unless it's pretty new, id just replace it all.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 8 2016, 06:35 PM) *

I had done all the things I have suggested and it made a big difference. One of my guys then found one of my fuel clamps was just a little too large and it was weeping a tiny bit of fuel. Not dripping. Just enough to make the faintest odor. For the minimal cost of gaskets, fuel lines, seals and vacumn lines, unless it's pretty new, id just replace it all.

Yeah, I know the guy who put in all new fuel lines and a fuel pump about 3 years ago.... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.