Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so i've been thinking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
i want to add a new level of danger of my life....so i want a welder....any suggestions?
xsboost90
www.cyberweld.com

miller 135 smilie_pokal.gif
morph
Buy a hobby welder, and have a good experienced friend show you how to use it, or take a welding class. Believe it or not, I taught James how to weld.

HIEDI welder.gif
jr91472
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
riverman
Get a good 110-volt gas mig welder and an auto-darkening helmet for starters. You guys have stores that sell stuff for ridiculously low prices, so I'll leave the actual brands and models for those who know where to get them.
bd1308
110 sounds good....dunno about 220 though......my dad knows how to weld????? i don't think so though, um, so i suppose i will teach myself or see if home depot has a course on it
skline
Yeah, if you want true danger, do all your practice welding without a helmet or shield on and dont wear gloves or any protective gear. Weld upside down as much as possible too without a shirt on. That is true danger. Of course, you will go blind and get a whole lot of little burns all over your body and your fingers will all get burned so you wont be able to type anymore. But hey, if you want danger, that is the sure way. I really dont think you want to do that though as you wont be able to post 500 to 600 times a month anymore with so much off topic stuff or ideas you think up in your young mind.

I may be the only one to say it, but I can assure you I am not the only one thinking it.
bd1308
yeah...but you all miss me whenever i leave smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 18 2005, 08:52 PM)
Yeah, if you want true danger, do all your practice welding without a helmet or shield on and dont wear gloves or any protective gear. Weld upside down as much as possible too without a shirt on. That is true danger. Of course, you will go blind and get a whole lot of little burns all over your body and your fingers will all get burned so you wont be able to type anymore. But hey, if you want danger, that is the sure way. I really dont think you want to do that though as you wont be able to post 500 to 600 times a month anymore with so much off topic stuff or ideas you think up in your young mind.

I may be the only one to say it, but I can assure you I am not the only one thinking it.

home run...its outta here! w00t.gif
bd1308
what is wrong with you people.....why must i always have to defend myself
Rand
So are you serious, or just teasing us with another idea you've been thinking about??
biggrin.gif

MIG/gas if you can afford it (instead of the dirtier flux core/gasless cheapo junk).

For most 914 work (up to 1/8"), 110 powered is fine.

You can do the price shopping thing (kinda like buying a buncha cheap clone parts to build a computer), but I think it's worth finding a local shop you trust... the place you would buy gas from anyway... talk to the guys there and get to know them. They'll help you get a decent deal. Miller is a reliable name.
skline
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 18 2005, 09:05 PM)
what is wrong with you people.....why must i always have to defend myself

You dont, plain and simple. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.