Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picts from Tecate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
Here's a couple of picts from the race last weekend, as you can see it was a tad rough. I was the only guy with a "pit babe"!
john rogers
Another
john rogers
Last
JoeSharp
John: With those stripes your car dose stand out. Its good to see you post Carrera.
Joe
nebreitling
god that looks fun and dangerous. is that van just parked on the side of the road, errr track, up there?!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Apr 18 2005, 08:38 PM)
god that looks fun and dangerous. is that van just parked on the side of the road, errr track, up there?!

its racing! laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
HOLY SMOKES..(Vatican reference) I had NO idea you where running the "ventless" Centerlines. I **promise* you where overheating the stock brakes. Those come from Steve Malm ? I know he had a set on his V8 car at one time.

Crazy. I need to get in on that type of racing.

B
URY914
John,
Are those 8 x 15 Centerlines?

Real or fake Centerlines?

Paul
john rogers
No they are 7x15 REAL Centerlines and I have three sets. Thats's why I did not want to go to 5 bolt. The van in the picture is to ferry people to the far corner as there is a hill there where you can see the whole course and if you look really close you can see the pace car at the front. As a side note they brought three cars in on the "forklift" which they use if the car is immobile! One was a really nice Subaru rally car that really smacked the wall on the left side and messed up the all wheel drive system. You really have to know the limits of what your car can do down there!
jasons
QUOTE (john rogers @ Apr 19 2005, 06:53 AM)
No they are 7x15 REAL Centerlines and I have three sets.

So you have 7's on all four corners? Does that require spacers in the rear?
john rogers
Correct, I run 3x 3/8 wide spacers on the rear and 4x 3/8 spacers on the fron with the slicks. I used to use one spacer but went wider and added the flares to help. Turns a little better now.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (john rogers @ Apr 19 2005, 08:21 AM)
Correct, I run 3x 3/8 wide spacers on the rear and 4x 3/8 spacers on the fron with the slicks. I used to use one spacer but went wider and added the flares to help. Turns a little better now.

Long studs or are they adapters?
Mueller
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 19 2005, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (john rogers @ Apr 19 2005, 08:21 AM)

Long studs or are they adapters?

long studs...I'd feel way better if they are solid spacers with hubcentric rings...do the Centerline rims have the same ID for the hubcentric ring??

john rogers
As Mike said I have long studs front and rear. The spacers came from one of the Bug mailorder places, Cb Performance if I remember correctly and they have fairly tight holes at each bolt and I haven't noticed any problems with vibration. At a very smooth track such as CA Speedway the vibration would show up realloy bad at 135 or so.
Randal
John - That looks like real fun.

How are the other drivers and what are the instructions/rules given before the race?

Tell us more about this race venue.

Thanks.
john rogers
Well Randal, in the group 3 (class A and Open) the drivers are pretty experienced. In group 2 (class B and B1) they are a little newer and they tend to have a few more wrecks and group 1 (class C and C1) has the most beginers and this is the class for the unmodified cars so they usually have the most wrecks. The rules are similar to the NASA/SCCA rules, no bumping, no hitting the tire chicanes, no intentional blocking, no "un safe" driving and these result in a black flag and a lecture from the meanest marshall I've ever met when racing. If these happen during a race you are out. They use standing starts and unfortunately my 914 does not do those well so I usually get passed by everybody and then get to pass them back which makes for great in car videos. You have to have the same safety equipment as you do at a race in the US. Safety inspection is done by A.R.T. who do the Baja off road tech inspections. Oh yeah, they have the Tecate Girls! Check www.calderapromotions.com for further info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.