Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picts of the 4 bolt hub install and at the race
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
Picts of the hub assembly and install. The orange calipers are my Volvo calipers hanging out of the way. In the last couple of picts you can see where the pads took the heat off the rotor and where the temp change started. I need to get prettier caps I think??!!
john rogers
Another
john rogers
Another
john rogers
Another
john rogers
Another
john rogers
Another
john rogers
Another
Brad Roberts
Looks good John. My concern about "rotor growth" has been squelched. The GT3RSR's run full floating hats and rotors with "T" locks that hold the hat to the rotor. They are designed to let the rotor expand seperately from the hat. I was concerned under EXTREME conditions that the SC rotor would expand and contact the caliper. This appears to be a none issue. The caliper is VERY close and some calipers I tested actually hit the rotor. I found that the calipers can be bolted together and "twisted" causing the spacers to hit the rotor. The spacers are thick enough that you can grind on them for 2-3mm's before concern, but I cant ask customers to do this. They can however loosen the bolts on their calipers and make sure they are even/straight and retighten.

Thanks again. They look awesome with those studs. Did you check/recheck torque during the event ?

B
john rogers
I did check the studs and they were fine after one practice session. If you notice the x-hatching was not disturbed very much so the rebuilt calipers had some soft pads in them I guess? There was no rubbing between the rotor and the caliper either as far as I could see and the bearing adjustment felt about the same after the race.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.