Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RangerRhett
I have a 'lil spider-crack in my windshield. Can I get a new one from a local place?
JoeSharp
I had a windshild replaced by a local guy and they put in a rubber seal. $160.00 Installed. It was the second one they had done in a coupel of weeks and came out really good.
biggrin.gif Joe
skline
Hey Joe, there are others out here that would love to know the name of the company that did yours. The first one must have been Mark and he cant remember the name. So if you remember, please post this valuable resource.
JoeSharp
Sure Scott. A-1 Glass in Stanton, on Beach Blvd. They are in the Yellow pages and they did mine as a house call. It took them 2 days to get the glass. They spent about a hour at my house. I wonder if they would doo a group at the WCC.
I will post a better picture tomorrow.
biggrin.gif Joe
RangerRhett
So, my chrome colored seal is gone if I get a new windshield?
JoeSharp
Rhett: A Concourse winshield replacement is somewhere around $1k tinted. I don't know anyone personally that has sucsesfully removed the trim. There is a tool that has a hook in the end to help with the clips but the trim is so thin that handleing it, bends it. It can be shaped by messageing it with your thumb. Lots of guys do the windshield replacements themselfs. And I see alot of cars with trim missing.
Markydoo found A-1, and I had already desided to go with the rubber seal (car is blue with black trim). I could not belive the price, installed for $100 less than I had found for the glass. This car is my A/X car and doesn't have to be pretty. I would do the samething to my driver.
Call around the glass shops in your aera, you will be suprised.
biggrin.gif Joe
TheCabinetmaker
Joe, The trim ain't that hard to get off. The clips that hold it on ususally break off any way. I always replace the clips. Haven't done one in 5 or 6 years. I wonder if the clips are still available?
rhodyguy
i would be in for a windshield at that price if we could have them there on sat am. tinted please, if possible. that's a killer price!!! it's around 4 bills for a ppg or sigla up here. check it out, please. i'll prepay via the phone if they're willing.

k
JeffBowlsby
The trim and clips are still available.

Any competant auto glass shop can R/R the trim and not damage it.

New OEM windshields (without the shading band)are NLA as far as I know, but aftermarket windshields (with the shade band) are available. Call around, one will turn up.

Rhett, if you need an OEM windshield, you can probably still find one somewhere, but be prepared to look under rocks and shake trees... smile.gif
rhodyguy
i have new spacers and trim clips ready to go. i'll bring them just in case.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.