Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mechanic Needed in Phoenix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Johns914
I took the teener out for the first time in 6 months and it appears that all of the push rod tubes are leaking on the passenger side. A job that I could probably do but have 0 time to do it. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good reliable mechanic that could fix this. Please let me know as it is now time to be driving the car since the weather is excellent. Thanks for the help.
Coondog
1. Exotic motorwerks. PHX. Owner is ex 914 guy.

2. Don Jackson ent. PHX. Long time Porsche repair shop

3. Stuttgart Southwest. Tempe. Another great shop

michael7810
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 10 2016, 02:58 PM) *

1. Exotic motorwerks. PHX. Owner is ex 914 guy.

2. Don Jackson ent. PHX. Long time Porsche repair shop

3. Stuttgart Southwest. Tempe. Another great shop

I use both Exotic and Stuttgart and highly recommend both. I know Dan who owns Exotic used to work at Stuttgart and although he works on 914s he is more focused on 944/928s. Dan works on my 944 turbo. Stuttgart works on all models; I take my 914 to Stuttgart.
pbanders
+1 on all of those suggestions, and an extra plug for Jack Doverspike at Stuttgart Southwest. Yes, the shop looks like they dropped a bomb in it, but Jack is super-honest, knowledgeable, reliable, and his prices are very good.
JustinMeier
Exotic told me to take it to Stuttgart.
JustinMeier
FYI, Stuttgart is a week out on work at the moment.. Called him today about a valve adjustment.
SKL1
+1 on Jack at Stuttgart. I've taken my 914 there and a friend with a 911 SC cab has had several things done there as well. Jack knows the old AC cars very well!!
Eric_Shea
Frank Beck. Fastest man alive in a 914...
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 11 2016, 08:41 AM) *

He's about 1/8th mile from my office. I went to visit him last week and I really like him.. He absolutely loves 914s.
pbanders
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Oct 11 2016, 10:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 11 2016, 08:41 AM) *

He's about 1/8th mile from my office. I went to visit him last week and I really like him.. He absolutely loves 914s.

Beck's is another shop I haven't been to, despite living in Phoenix since '97. I just made it to Patrick Motorsport for the first time last month! Gotta visit these shops when I get a chance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.