Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old news but 914 won FP Nats again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
grantsfo
914/6 on top at SCCCA nats again. Tom is an awesome driver. Just watched him win his class in Pirelli WC at Laguna Seca this weekend.

Erik is going to put some real shocks under boxster for next year. It still has those crappy KW variant 2's from my budget build on the car several years ago. The article incorrectly lists Boxster as a Boxster S. Its actually an old 1999 2.5 car with built 2.7 and S rear uprights and axles.

Its really fun to see these two platforms compete so closely in AX.

http://www.tomoracing.com/ogorman-wins-sec...l-championship/
Mueller
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 10 2016, 01:57 PM) *

914/6 on top at SCCCA nats again. Tom is an awesome driver. Just watched him win his class in Pirelli WC at Laguna Seca this weekend.

Erik is going to put some real shocks under boxster for next year. It still has those crappy KW variant 2's from my budget build on the car several years ago. The article incorrectly lists Boxster as a Boxster S. Its actually an old 1999 2.5 car with built 2.7 and S rear uprights and axles.

Its really fun to see these two platforms compete so closely in AX.

http://www.tomoracing.com/ogorman-wins-sec...l-championship/

Awesome. Any specs on the 914/6?
HAM Inc
That's cool. Congrats to both guys!

We did the heads on Eric's car. Would be cool to see him get the Gold next year. He's getting close, but that well piloted 914/6 is going to be tough.
bam914
I crewed for Tom at the PWC race at Mosport for his TCB car. He just won the championship for TCB and we won the crew of the year for TCB. He is a very good driver. I put him in my FProd CRX for a session and the boy can hustle a car. He was running the same times as me within a few laps. A few more and he would be faster. Great guy. That 914 is very well sorted car.
jhadler
That car has seen a lot of wins with a number of different drivers over the years. It's quite a machine!

-Josh
PlaysWithCars
Is that the ex-Leeds Gulick, ex-Greg Fordahl car from the Seattle area? Looks just like it if it isn't.
grantsfo
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Oct 18 2016, 07:31 PM) *

Is that the ex-Leeds Gulick, ex-Greg Fordahl car from the Seattle area? Looks just like it if it isn't.

Yep same car but even faster now.
J P Stein
We've met. Click to view attachment .
6freak
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 25 2016, 03:25 PM) *

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Oct 18 2016, 07:31 PM) *

Yep same car but even faster now.

what was done? has to be the motor! the suspension I dont think could get any better then when I last seen it..with Leeds it was fast with Greg it was stupid fast

congrats to the fast kid first.gif the car still looks great
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 26 2016, 05:04 PM) *

what was done? has to be the motor! the suspension I dont think could get any better then when I last seen it..with Leeds it was fast with Greg it was stupid fast

congrats to the fast kid first.gif the car still looks great

I don't know if the engine is more powerful but I do know the handling has improved.
J P Stein
I dunno.....the car isn't around here any more.

I think the driver is the big difference. Fordhal driving the car made it look like a different animal.....not to mention fast. He won FP in the older days...in that car.
We never had the chance to run against him. Leed vs Brit was a toss up.

That engine was wide guts and very close to being fully developed...."Improving " it is questionable.....the suspension was questionable.....except when Fordahl was driving.

That's as far as care to speculate.
ottox914
Have loved that car as long as it has existed.
6freak
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Oct 27 2016, 08:35 AM) *

Have loved that car as long as it has existed.

one of my favorite full time AX cars as well ,,,Leeds and Greg are building a boxster last I heard..I dont know if it ever got completed I think it went to the other side of the shop when Leeds bought the GT3 or whatever that street legal race car is he know wheel n around
MikeC
Han Solo
I'll be seeing both Montgomery and Strelnieks next season in my FP 924S build. Both are great competitors and super nice guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.