Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: spacers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blk'72
which spacers fit our cars?
where to get? how much do they usually go for?
Thanks guys.....trying to put the car together slowly here....its still on jacks sitting.
fixing it up little by little.....
Who has the result of this equation????? time minus money divided by no garage at home =??? smash.gif beerchug.gif bootyshake.gif confused24.gif

Oh well.
R.
SpecialK
Specifics required..........watcha trying to accomplish that spacers are needed? 4 to 4, 4 to 5?
blk'72
oh sorry, I just want to make space out my rims....I have 4 lug, and just want to widden my rear end. wink.gif
blk'72
4 to 4 icon_bump.gif
kermit
An older PCA member gave me a set of 1/2" spacers, but I honestly don't know who sells them anymore. Perhaps get a machine shop to make them? Shouldn't be too hard to make out of aluminum.

But I do recommend them. My rear wheels are pretty close to the fenders, but I have tons of clearance up front, so I put the spacers there. Whenever you can widen your track, its going to help with cornering and turn in.
SpecialK
I have a set of four powdercoated spacers 1/4" thick each. Not sure about stacking them to make 1/2", maybe if they were welded together....How much "wider" are you talking?

blk'72
well I was thinking about 2 inch or bigger if possible?But I dont know what is possible on this car.
tttttttt
VegasRacer
Stacking them is not a problem.
What size are your rims?
Do you have flared fenders?
How much space are you trying to fill?

I don't know about 4 lug, but I see lots of 5 lug spacers on eBay.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (blk'72 @ Apr 19 2005, 01:52 AM)
well I was thinking about 2 inch or bigger if possible?But I dont know what is possible on this car.

good luck finding lug bolts...

actually, the way bolts work, this is not a good application. having a long bolt in single shear is a recipe for disaster.

widening the back will promote understeer and hurt turn-in...

it's your car, do what you want, but i think this needs to be thought through a lot better...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.