Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 914 rear "914" emblem placement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Localboy808
Anyone have the measurements for the placement of the 914 emblem on a 72? My panel is not original and has no holes. I've tried searching around but no luck. Anyone able to measure some hole positions for me?

Thanks, Scott
SKL1
DON'T drill holes!!!!! Take off the tabs and use thin double face tape like everyone does now. Just a spot for rust!!

NEVER drill holes unless absolutely necessary!!
Cuda911
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Oct 10 2016, 09:13 PM) *

DON'T drill holes!!!!! Take off the tabs and use thin double face tape like everyone does now. Just a spot for rust!!

Quick question, SKL1.... I just bought a nice "VW-Porsche" gold rear badge for my car. Was going to drill holes to install it, bit I wasn't too thrilled about doing this. So, I guess I should clip the tabs off the badge, rather than drilling the holes?
Localboy808
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Oct 10 2016, 11:13 PM) *

I'm in the high desert of California. What rust? wink.gif. I guess that's a good option. Guess I could just eye it looking at pictures on the Internet.
Frankvw
No matter if you use tape or holes, you still need the position, right ?

I hope this helps, this is from my 73 1.7
It is in inches and cm's so I hope you can use it.

to explain, start of the measuremnet is from here:
Click to view attachment

And then see the width from there:
Click to view attachment

and the height
Click to view attachment

I think these are the original positions on my car...but since I am not the first owner I cannot be 100% sure smile.gif
I do not think any of the previous owner moved them to confuse the next owners :-)
Localboy808
That's awesome!! Thank you!
Frankvw
You are welcome. I get a lot of help here, happy to be able to do something back.
If you need other/better measurements...let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.