Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot new game!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
Some one come out here and kick me square in the ass!! alfred.gif

Well, I made me a new sausage for my molested rear calipers, got one side all together and installed [hand/wire brushed scrubbed with solvent, soaked in Ospho until all rust was gone, rinsed, dried, POR coated, and readed for Eastwood's three step faux anodizing paint......about 6hrs. of shit ....
SpecialK
..... and another caliper done up to the point of final paint, and had to stop.............can you guess why? headbang.gif headbang.gif
McMark
Is there supposed to be a caliper in that second pic? All I see are fuzzy spots. Or maybe that's what's wrong. tongue.gif

beerchug.gif
SpecialK
good guess Mark! dry.gif biggrin.gif

Luckily I was so pissed that I took 10 more pics of them........this time I remembered the "macro" button smoke.gif

This was the last set of calipers (out of 8) that I had to do.......pretty well barf.gif of messing with calipers!

Oh, the light areas are just the light glistening off of the freshly applied POR 15 mad.gif
ChrisFoley
I need another clue...
SpecialK
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Apr 19 2005, 02:50 AM)
I need another clue...

Clue:

I had a spare pair of rear calipers that came with the car.
type47
not sure i can tell from the pix, but a likely FU would be they are the same side

on second glance, they look opposite sides...

OK, another clue?
Joe Ricard
If it were me I wouldn't have painted the parking brake actuator. Specially with POR-15.
SLITS
1.) Handbrake actuator lever is in the wrong position.

2.) You need to plug them into the wall since they are electric
SpecialK
QUOTE (type47 @ Apr 19 2005, 07:16 AM)
not sure i can tell from the pix, but a likely FU would be they are the same side

Ding...ding....ding....We have a winner!!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Somehow in the process of choosing which calipers would be best for "overhauling", I completely neglected to make sure I got one l/h and one r/h...... headbang.gif headbang.gif slap.gif
And actually got all of the way to the point of "admiring my handywork" and comparing them to the finished pair already mounted on the car behind me......... huh.gif .... blink.gif ..... ohmy.gif ......... headbang.gif

(No worries about POR in the P-brake actuation lever......injected (syringe) a wee amount of white grease around the base to keep the POR out)
Dave_Darling
BTW, cool avatar. Now I'm humming "In the Court of the Crimson King"... biggrin.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.