Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Porsche Cayenne Pickup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
found it in our daily newspaper

they write that Porsche plans a luxery 4-door Pickup Cayenne, only for the US market

well, I'd like it
CptTripps
barf.gif
tdgray
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 19 2005, 03:27 AM)
barf.gif

DITTO huh.gif
Stutgart46
They've been testing this "thing" for a year or so in the desserts of Nevada and California.
What is Porsche doing?
ruddyboys
I guess Porsche is going to come out with a mini van next. Dr. Porsche must be rolling in his grave.
BMartin914
What is Porsche thinking???????

barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
Mr.C
Well most people don't like the Cayenne anyways, so who cares what else they do to it. Sell a ton of those and use the profits for other projects.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Stutgart46 @ Apr 19 2005, 06:55 AM)
...the desserts of Nevada and California.

which i guess would be crème brulée ...

this is what they call the "mid-life kicker" ... i figure they're looking at Subaru Baja and seeing that they're selling (somehow...).

with $3/gallon gas the bloom is off the rose for luxo-SUV's - they need to re-invent the product. they seem to be going after all the guys who said they wanted a tow car. or perhaps they're trying to make it "practical."

who knows - maybe they're testing the waters to go NASCAR Truck Series racing :-)
URY914
Next it will be a 18 wheeler to take on the Peterbuilts and Macks. biggrin.gif

Paul
balljoint
The Baja is not selling and I think it has been pulled from the Suby line up from next year.

If I had the doh-ray-me I would definately pick up a Porsche pick-up. I like it. SUVs are useless for me but I wouldn't mind loading a moose or a deer into the bed my Porsche during hunting season. ohmy.gif Or a load of manure ohmy.gif , or a thousand pounds of dog food wacko.gif , or a load of bare root fruit trees. Yeah that would be cool boldblue.gif . Of course the vehicle is probably not really designed for truck use dry.gif . And I am guessing that for the same money I could go buy 3 full size 'Merican made trucks wacko.gif so maybe I had better just keep this idea on hold...

Until I win the lottery.
seanery
This one is not really my thing, but it cracks me up when people bash Porsche for non-sportscar vehicles...remember, this is a company that used to make tractors, so IMHO all is fair game.
mudfoot76
The Porsche truck isn't a new concept.

Porsche 928 pick-up

unsure.gif
Rockaria
Not to forget the 914 Pickup!

They were discussed in this topic: 914 pickup discussion
skline
You guys bash on the Porsche SUV but when I went down to the local Porsche dealer that used to sell Chevrolet side by side with the Porsches, they told me they were selling more of the Cayenne's than Suburbans so they quit selling the Chevrolets. I was a little surprised at that. But hey, it is Newport Beach.
URY914
If I won the lottery I'd by a Cayenne.

Maybe.

Paul
grantsfo
I think its a great idea. I love the Cayenne, its an incredible piece of engineering when you take the time to drive one and really look at what Porsche has done with this vehicle. Cayenne profits have enabled Porsche to put a lot more money into development and racing. Why ignore a hot profitable luxury SUV market? Porsche certainly hasnt lost focus with its sportscars based on the new 997, 987 and the new Cayman.
jasons
Honestly, I hate 'em. But, Porsche probably has to sell them to keep from going in the direction of companies like Jag, Saab, Lambo, etc. Selling Cayennes is better than GM owning Porsche.
Joe Ricard
Man just imagine the BMW's you could date with all that cargo capacity. You know Big Mississippi Women (BMW)
Ma boy frind drives a Porch. or is it sit on the porsche. IDONNO but he gots money.
grantsfo
One other thought. I think the thing that bothers me the most about these vehicles is the type of people that are attracted to a Porsche SUV. I had a guy fly by me easily doing 100 mph + with his wife and kids in the Cayenne S. ...sorry Mr. hot pants but if you lose control of your big Cayenne on a busy SF Bay Area highway at 100+ MPH likelihood is that somebody is going to be killed.

I used to see this same invincible attitude when I lived in LA. Big Mercedes flying by at 100 MPH in heavy traffic. I also saw some pretty spectatular crashes. I saw a 7 series Bimmer get airborne on the 405 after he hydroplaned and hit an embankment doing about 80 MPH.

So again, great vehicle, but I'm a little more suspect of the target Cayenne buyer.
Rgreen914
This is a bit off the topic, but I can relate to seeing people in their big German cars fly by the rest of the traffic. Every few weeks I drive over the Ridge Route to Central California from So Cal. Inevitably, those who drive the fastest are the ones driving big German iron...oh, them and the fools in their Mustangs!

Ron
MattR
Sweet! Ive always wanted to haul parts in my $60k luxury porsche.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.