Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front turn signal works but not running light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPA914
Obviously not the bulb, as it's the same one handling both functions. This is for the driver's side BTW. The running light doesn't light up when pulling the headlight knob on the dash to either the first or second detent. Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?
malcolm2
Some bulbs have 2 filaments. Maybe one is burned out....

If not that then you might remove the bulb and put a VOM on the contacts in the bulb socket to see if power is there (in the right place) for both functions.

That is the extent of my troubleshooting.... mellow.gif
JPA914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 11 2016, 02:12 PM) *

Some bulbs have 2 filaments. Maybe one is burned out....

If not that then you might remove the bulb and put a VOM on the contacts in the bulb socket to see if power is there (in the right place) for both functions.

That is the extent of my troubleshooting.... mellow.gif

Thank you for the reply. I switched the bulbs between sides and the problem stayed on the same side, so I think the bulb is OK. Good idea on using a meter to test the functions, I'll try that.
toolguy
Does the WART light on that side work?

It's the same battery lead. .
JPA914
QUOTE(toolguy @ Oct 11 2016, 03:12 PM) *

Does the WART light on that side work?

It's the same battery lead. .

Yeah, the side marker light on that side works. I guess that means the problem has to be right there at the plug or housing?
toolguy
probably the contactor under the bulb if the bulb is know to be good. . or the wire lead is loose off the spade under the rubber cover.
Look inside socket for corrosion, and make sure it is high enough to touch bulb base. .
The brass tab can be bent upwards a tad bit.
JPA914
QUOTE(toolguy @ Oct 11 2016, 04:42 PM) *

probably the contactor under the bulb if the bulb is know to be good. . or the wire lead is loose off the spade under the rubber cover.
Look inside socket for corrosion, and make sure it is high enough to touch bulb base. .
The brass tab can be bent upwards a tad bit.

Will do, thanks!
jkb944t
The spade is riveted to the light assembly but the rivet may have failed allowing the spade to come loose.

Jeff B
jkb944t
The spade is riveted to the light assembly but the rivet may have failed allowing the spade to come loose.

Jeff B
JPA914
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Oct 12 2016, 08:43 PM) *

Jeff B

Thanks, I'll check on that. I won't be able to get to the car for a few days, but I'll report back when I get it all sorted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.