Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with wiring a 911 dash into 1 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
One of the previous owners of my newly acquired 1974 2.0 914 replaced the 3-gauge cluster dash with a 5-gauge 911 cluster. Unfortunately when it was wired, they used all red wire. It's really a mess and I'd like to "clean it up". Has anyone done this conversion and if so, here's what I really need help with. I have one gauge combo for Oil Temp and Oil Pressure (It is a 911 add on gauge combo). Neither are working and when I pulled it out, there was nothing but red wires scabbed everywhere.

Any wiring directions for this combo gauge into a 914?

Thank you,
Dan WTF.gif
GeorgeRud
Ouch! Getting rid of that red wire is first, then I'd use the same color of wire that a 914 or 911 use for these gauges. If your 914 had the center console gauges, you should have some wiring to tap into. Use the 914 current flow diagram to help decide the colors, though unless you've added a different pressure sender, you won't have the necessary wire for the pressure gauge and will have to run another wire for that gauge through the center tunnel. Keep notes for subsequent owners of the wiring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.