Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gregory Nash
Hello everyone. I'm Greg I scored a 1970 914 for 1350 cash. Carbs are toast six side from we stay. The original injection set up is in the boot. Pics too follow tomorrow or Saturday. That when I drag ithe over from the neighbors house to my pad. The arts on it are toast. It barely ran when parked. So I'm told. This is a bucket list ride for me. A never get rid of ride. Don't know anything about it yet but if it's the carb set up I'll swap them out for Web erstwhile and start from there. Any and all information....opinions .... and advice..... all needed. Im not an air cooled novice just a porsche air cooled Novice. I live at Lake Alice was............ very moisture Ritch location. I have a 1800 Sq ft shop. Cool huh but I'm still building it up. I do work for a living and life gets in the way. But I couldn't pass up this 914. It's in really great shape. Pics too cold enough on sat. OK my new group of friends any and all advice.... look outs for rus to to fix.... you know it is want too know it. Don't get pistol at me for picking your brains collectively. I will so sorry. I want this 914 too scream . OK with that Greg fall
City wa. Oh and by the way it's green. G
altitude411
welcome.png

Power down your Samsung 7!!! I think it's about to melt down... confused24.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Gregory Nash @ Oct 11 2016, 06:27 PM) *

Hello everyone. I'm Greg I scored a 1970 914 for 1350 cash. Carbs are toast six side from we stay. The original injection set up is in the boot. Pics too follow tomorrow or Saturday. That when I drag ithe over from the neighbors house to my pad. The arts on it are toast. It barely ran when parked. So I'm told. This is a bucket list ride for me. A never get rid of ride. Don't know anything about it yet but if it's the carb set up I'll swap them out for Web erstwhile and start from there. Any and all information....opinions .... and advice..... all needed. Im not an air cooled novice just a porsche air cooled Novice. I live at Lake Alice was............ very moisture Ritch location. I have a 1800 Sq ft shop. Cool huh but I'm still building it up. I do work for a living and life gets in the way. But I couldn't pass up this 914. It's in really great shape. Pics too cold enough on sat. OK my new group of friends any and all advice.... look outs for rus to to fix.... you know it is want too know it. Don't get pistol at me for picking your brains collectively. I will so sorry. I want this 914 too scream . OK with that Greg fall

Are you on drugs?
sb914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 11 2016, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Gregory Nash @ Oct 11 2016, 06:27 PM) *

Are you on drugs?
chair.gif av-943.gif
G e o r g e
welcome.png

I would worry about rust before you go off and spend more cash on parts.

use the search function, this site is your friend.

Gregory Nash
Hi I'm new to this. Sorry how do I post searching. . . .
theleschyouknow
welcome.png
great first post i'm as big a phone poster & james joyce fan as there is but that's some serious Ulysses-level stream of consciousness and auto correct there

all the info & answers you seek are here, figure out what you have & where you want to take it search this site (i find it better to use google and either precede or follow your search term with 914world) and when you get stuck or confused or just fed up there's a great bunch here far more knowledgeable than me who will help get you where you wanna go

beerchug.gif
cjl
altitude411
Click to view attachment
Gregory Nash
[quote name='Gregory Nash' date='Oct 11 2016, 06:45 PM' post='2410118']
Hi I'm new to this. Sorry how do I post searching. . . Learning curve.
Tbrown4x4
Welcome! Another Washingtonian!
Cairo94507
welcome.png I tried to read your introduction post but with all the mistakes and what-not, i stopped reading about 75% of the way through. Congratulations on your 914. Please try to proof read your posts before posting them so we can all enjoy what you are saying. Not a slam as I know a lot of people post from their phones, etc.
Gregory Nash
[quote name='Gregory Nash' date='Oct 11 2016, 06:50 PM' post='2410126']
[/quote]
I'm not computer save give me a momemt.
Gregory Nash
[quote name='Gregory Nash' date='Oct 11 2016, 06:53 PM' post='2410129']
[/quote]
[/quote]
OK green 1970 914.....
Gregory Nash
[quote name='Gregory Nash' date='Oct 11 2016, 06:53 PM' post='2410130']
[/quote]
[/quote]
OK green 1970 914.....
[/quote]
OK
Gregory Nash
[quote name='Gregory Nash' date='Oct 11 2016, 06:54 PM' post='2410132']
[quote name='Gregory Nash' date='Oct 11 2016, 06:53 PM' post='2410130']
[/quote]
[/quote]
OK green 1970 914.....
[/quote]
OK
[/quote]
Rustic spots how bad and location. Give me the worst.
stugray
I don't know whether to blame autocorrect or just introduce you directly to veekry9.

But welcome to the world either way.

once you get your bearings we will be glad to help with either the carbs or reinstalling the FI.
Larmo63
It's green.

Click to view attachment
Gregory Nash
OK new too this. Rust any info ......
Gregory Nash
Locations and how bad cut form and weld isnt a problem
Gregory Nash
OK I'm a computer new been. Laugh it up. I can take it. But you got your Sox on backwards . Made yards look. It's bed time. G
Larmo63
welcome.png

Just funnin' you.
ndfrigi
My fellow teeners! Be nice to a new member! Maybe he can host an event and use his 1,800 sq.ft. shop.

Maybe this can help you what
and where to check on your new project

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/How_to_buy_a_914.htm
G e o r g e
Rust locations

Battery tray

below battery tray, towards passenger seat, IE Hell Hole

opposite side of engine bay behind drivers seat

trunk floors, remove everything to look

longs, particularly under the Hell hole and Drivers side, need to remove rocker covers to view

inside cab floor at fire wall, near pedals. you really need to remove floor tar to view

any obvious bubbles in the paint

this is a partial list

there is going to be rust, how much??? you will find out.

post pictures for feed back
altitude411
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Oct 11 2016, 08:14 PM) *

post pictures for feed back

Seriously? av-943.gif lol-2.gif
theleschyouknow
dry.gif
Mike Bellis
They sure speak funny in Washington... tooth.gif
Rand
Hey now, don't "get pistol" on him. :lmao:
Frankvw
welcome.
I see you mention:
"air cooled novice just a porsche air cooled Novice"
you have a Vintage VW past ? old Fiat ? Or maybe Corvair ?
vintage VW knowledge will give you a good start on this new 914 project and the forum can help you with the rest, plus do not forget to buy some books so you look up things when needed, for example the Haynes for 914.
Good luck !
PS do not forget to post pics.
Optimusglen
IPB Image

welcome.png laugh.gif
Localboy808
welcome.png popcorn[1].gif
rhodyguy
WTF.gif easy...type 'pelican parts 914 buyers guide' into the address bar. Click on link that will be displayed, read info. Especially the portion on rust prone areas. Buy a Haynes manual. If you plan on running carbs, buy the CB Weber tech manual.
TheCabinetmaker
hide.gif popcorn[1].gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(Gregory Nash @ Oct 11 2016, 08:45 PM) *

Hi I'm new to this. Sorry how do I post searching. . . .

The word SEARCH is on the top right of very page. Under the date. Looks like this: "Help Search Members Calendar"

Click "Search", that takes you to another page, where you fill in the blanks, etc.....

Under that you have links for "my controls" "new posts" etc...

Searching accurately will take some getting used to and can be frustrating, but you'll get the hang of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.