Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It lives............but still a work in progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
Now on to getting the pan replaced, rust repair, and looking at getting trans/engine rebuild. Runs great.....all new rotors, pads, master, battery, fuel pump, filter....it is coming along. Project will now be under the car cover for the upcoming Colorado winter.

Yes, I know the trunk needs allignment with the new fiberglass one, the vintage thing is a temporary thing for now, once the engine is rebuilt, trans built and rust work done will be repainted in the OEM white. It drives great, starts great and is fun for now...but again....work in progress. For my beater that is fun to drive and reminds me on my first car in the Air Force I could not bring back...a flared fender 914/6 euro spec.....this is my toy. Again, you may not like my temporary mods, but until I can get everything restored over a few years of time....this works for me and it drives and makes me happy.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
carcus
The Agip gas decal on the car was when I was stationed in Italy and that was the local Euro gas station. The Italian clear lenses are true to reminding me of my time in Italy with the car I could not bring back as being Euro specs. Every thing on this is personal to me including the vintage Heuer stopwatch on the dash. Thanks to all for your help and inspiration.

shoguneagle
I like it. Just do your thing in restoring and enjoy driving the back hill roads.
carcus
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Oct 11 2016, 10:26 PM) *

I like it. Just do your thing in restoring and enjoy driving the back hill roads.

Thank you kind Sir, this is just a temp thing to distract from the rust and body work.....but makes me feel young again. Got the car back yesterday and today is actually my birthday. Great present but the restoration will take me years. Right now I just like the smiles I get and people asking me what car that is...or the ones that said they had one and wanted another to get their youth back. This car is so simple but gives so much fun back. The thumbs up I get, people I meet....that is all that matters. beer3.gif

My dream...getting it all mechanically good, at this altitude in Colorado it is low on power but one day, I want to take it up Pikes Peak. Before all the body work is done and still in vintage look. Being a former 914 owner and 911 owner...it is so awesome to see people driving new 911s that give me a thumbs up. After this restoration, going for a low light VW Ghia convert.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.