Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2017 * Official Thread *
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
StratPlayer
Count us in

piratenanner.gif
76-914
Hey guys n gals. Take a look at the bottom of Post #1 and check if I have have you listed correctly as attending the Banquet. I need to get off my ass and complete this soon so "time is of the essence" as the Planets are beginning to align. TIA, Kent beerchug.gif
don-6
don-6=Don+Tina

See you at the banquet
914_teener
Kent...+ one....not sure if it is wife or son yet.

So myself plus 1 for Sat night.
Larmo63
My car won't be done by then. I'm almost certain.

Should I come anyway? I booked a room.

I'm kind of a smart ass and nobody really likes me.

confused24.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 13 2017, 06:11 PM) *

confused24.gif

Of course, you need to attend. How convenient! Besides, no one has said anything bad about you this week, anyway. av-943.gif
Coondog

confused24.gif

Doubt mine will be done either.....We can drink beer and be smart asses together.. beerchug.gif
euro911

confused24.gif
... Kind of ???

poke.gif
Larmo63
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 13 2017, 06:35 PM) *

confused24.gif

Doubt mine will be done either.....We can drink beer and be smart asses together.. beerchug.gif

Perfect!!!!
JustinMeier
I'm trying to get my S together to get out there... I still need to pull the engine for a valve adjust and to look at the timing sprockets/chains/etc. Hopefully I can get to that starting next weekend. SMH.

914-300Hemi
Booked the room and now I need to get the teener off jack stands.
76-914
I put my knee pads on and contacted most of our major vendors re: door prizes. I didn't bother w/ MadDog or Restoration Design as their products cost $$$ to ship and they don't have anything small. Rob, your off the hook too unless you can predict who will win one of your name tags. We'll see what happens. beerchug.gif

EDIT: Since posting this <24 hr's ago I've received commitments from 3 of our Member Vendors thus far. piratenanner.gif Looks very promising for those that attend this year. beerchug.gif

A sincere thanks from all of us to the Rt 66 Sponsors thus far:
and as in my signature please help Support Our Member Vendors
Mark @ 914rubber.com
Glen @ Pelican Parts
Steve @ Fourteener Motoring Magazine
RFoulds
Let me know if you plan any side trips down into Coachella Valley. running down Hiway 74 is fun. Iff enough people come down the hill, I could try to arrange a garage tour of a nice indy Porsche shop or something.

randyfoulds@gmail.com
914_teener
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Feb 17 2017, 12:21 PM) *

Let me know if you plan any side trips down into Coachella Valley. running down Hiway 74 is fun. Iff enough people come down the hill, I could try to arrange a garage tour of a nice indy Porsche shop or something.

randyfoulds@gmail.com

+1
Chris914n6
RD has the battery tray and rear sway bar mounts and trunk pivot and... poke.gif

MadDog could do a coupon.

--------- - ----

Chris914n6: Chris + ? idea.gif biggrin.gif
76-914
True. Do I detect the sound of someone is volunteering to do this for next years Rt66? rolleyes.gif So Chris, I can pencil you in + 1?
Chris914n6
I'm going to need that stuff way before next years Route66 lol-2.gif

Probably just me. Thur and Fri are not easy days to get out of work. But I can always eat for two chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
vanlynch
Hi everybody, Can I still sign up for the Route 66 Classic? can anybody help me with a phone number of who to call about the event please...thanks
Chris914n6
2 months left to get your cars running so you don't get stuck being a drunk ass with Larmo poke.gif biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(vanlynch @ Feb 21 2017, 01:27 AM) *

Hi everybody, Can I still sign up for the Route 66 Classic? can anybody help me with a phone number of who to call about the event please...thanks

Go to the first page of this thread, all the info on the rally is on the first page.
76-914
agree.gif Just book a room a Silver Pines if they have any left. There will be a charge, to be announced soon< to cover the cost of T-shirts and Banquet/Awards nite. beerchug.gif
vanlynch
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 21 2017, 07:52 AM) *

agree.gif Just book a room a Silver Pines if they have any left. There will be a charge, to be announced soon< to cover the cost of T-shirts and Banquet/Awards nite. beerchug.gif

Just booked two rooms for the 21/22 at Silver Pines, quick question,
#1 is it ok if a friend of mine wants to drive his 1973 911?
#2 what time are you leaving temecula ?
76-914
Yes but he has to stay back at least 100 yards so as to not devalue one of the 914's. lol-2.gif
We'll leave Motel 6 in Temecula @ 9:14 and probably arrive Idyllwild around 3:00. beerchug.gif
vanlynch
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 21 2017, 10:41 PM) *

Yes but he has to stay back at least 100 yards so as to not devalue one of the 914's. lol-2.gif
We'll leave Motel 6 in Temecula @ 9:14 and probably arrive Idyllwild around 3:00. beerchug.gif

thats really funny & great news, will leave los angeles around 7:30am & meet up with the group for the run up to idyllwild, please let me know how how to pay for enetring the event for two cars, thanks again for all your help!!
rhodyguy
Kent, do we need to do a size request list for the tees? Maybe order more than one per individual? Sending pm.
76-914
Now I understand your PM. laugh.gif John, Vegas Racer is handling the Tees. I'll get in touch with him. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
I contacted John.
brant
update:

I just won't be able to attend this year
I was keeping it on the down low, and hoping to be kinda a surprise guest.

but the vacation days and 5 nights lodging (by the time I get there) just isn't going to fit into my budget and schedule this summer with everything else I have going on.

so unfortunately I'm dropping out
I do have a room reserved for the 2 nights at idyllwild
I intend to call the hotel in a day or two and cancel that out of courtesy. I don't know if they still have rooms yet, or are sold out
does anyone want to take over my reservation?

pm me
brant

rhodyguy
You can prob fly RT for $200ish to ontario. That's not even gas and lodging for a long day 1. You'll there in under 3 hrs. Arrive at 10 on thurs, 3 nights then home on Sunday by dinner time. Easy peasy. Affordable.
michael7810
QUOTE(brant @ Feb 22 2017, 03:04 PM) *

update:

I just won't be able to attend this year
I was keeping it on the down low, and hoping to be kinda a surprise guest.

but the vacation days and 5 nights lodging (by the time I get there) just isn't going to fit into my budget and schedule this summer with everything else I have going on.

so unfortunately I'm dropping out
I do have a room reserved for the 2 nights at idyllwild
I intend to call the hotel in a day or two and cancel that out of courtesy. I don't know if they still have rooms yet, or are sold out
does anyone want to take over my reservation?

pm me
brant

Bummer.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 22 2017, 09:37 AM) *

John, Vegas Racer is handling the Tees.

Look for a separate shirt order thread sometime in the next week or so.
Expect prices to be around $30 each. Shirts will be pre-order ONLY.
76-914
thumb3d.gif
One extra lg pls Sir. beerchug.gif
914 RZ-1
One more for dinner on Saturday. I have lodging arrangements.
StratPlayer
icon_bump.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 26 2017, 03:36 PM) *

Look for a separate shirt order thread sometime in the next week or so.
Expect prices to be around $30 each. Shirts will be pre-order ONLY.

If you want to order a shirt, please go to this thread.
76-914
Do any of you guys have any original pics from a previous Rt66? Steve w/ Fourteener Magazine wants some for his magazine. If so LMK and I'll get you his email. Kent beerchug.gif
euro911
George Henry as navigator ...

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Is that Forrest in the shorts playing pocket pool again I think he was spotted at Phoenix club event working it why'll looking at cars.... KMA.gif
76-914
Great pics. Got any more? biggrin.gif

OK, the menu is finalized and negotiations went well. If your going and your name isn't highlighted in blue at the bottom of post #1, LMK. Kent

Zee Menu:

Date of Event: 04/22/2017.
Time of Event: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. 25 to 40 people.
4 Course Meal Menu
Appetizer
Bruschetta Italiana
Diced Roma tomatoes, red onion, basil, Kalamata Olives, & extra virgin olive oil on toasted rustic bread; with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
Salad
Fratello’s Insalata
Mixed greens, roasted beets, oranges, feta cheese, & sunflower seeds.
Main Course (Choice of)
8 oz Salmon with pesto sauce and side of veggies.
10 oz Ribeye with gorgonzola sauce and side of mashed potatoes. Chicken Parmesan with a side of pasta marinara.
Dessert
Homemade Tiramisu
$38 dollars per person will include soda and water.
Beer and wine are for customers age 21 and older. An 18% service charge will be added to the bill
Keith914
Room booked for 22nd.
76-914
Noted. Thx!
Chris914n6
We have 40 day and 40 night,
to get the car running right.
Because drinking beer with Larmo,
is not a preferred delight.*

laugh.gif

* or maybe it is, I don't know, just going with the flow.... poke.gif
76-914
I hope he has his 6 ready by then but a guy needs a few months to get the Bugs exorsized after a conversion. Then a good shake down cruise.
Still need some hi res pic's emailed to Steve for the Magazine. He needs them emailed to him but you can post them here as well. TIA, Kent beerchug.gif
914_teener
Ok.......so I got the room that will assure that we can hang out in the lodge room...so I am told by Chris.

I'll take fee beer as a kickback. beer3.gif laugh.gif

No snow in town now I am told but the creek is rushing...beautiful up there today with 90 degree weather here.

See you guys next month.
914_teener
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 13 2017, 04:05 PM) *

Ok.......so I got the room that will assure that we can hang out in the lodge room...so I am told by Chris.

I'll take fee beer as a kickback. beer3.gif laugh.gif

No snow in town now I am told but the creek is rushing...beautiful up there today with 90 degree weather here.

See you guys next month.

Whoops....this is for the 21st and 22nd in Idyllwild. See ya'll later.
forrestkhaag
I will make this drive,... maybe...

No turning back / I just ground off the motor mounts for the type 4 bars / Oil system make-up is this and next week.

The 6 will have sex with the 71 body after months of anticipation in two weeks if all goes well. Just wait Honey.... It will be worth it....

Rt66 is still on the radar and if it starts, runs, and the break-in goes ok as to seating rings, I will drive it balls out to our place in AZ as a summer test of the oil cooling system then join the motley crew in Idyllwild... Lots of moving parts now. Most of them... controllable with enough cash thrown at the solution...

And Kent: I am fixin to be done with you smokin my type 4 and all the rest of them on the open road / and I don't care about snapped axles or sheared CV bolts. Bring that problem on.

Sidebar: After the complexities of building a 911 carbed and cam-ed motor and cobbling together a respectable conversion, I am going back to what I know and can do in my sleep...

I am buying acreage in Scottsdale for another outland home project.

Heck. The outcome is a known quantity of fantastic views, weather, and security - unlike Cali now. The profit is guaranteed. And the sleepless nights are not based on BS parts scores in a back alley or swap meet trinkets secured FOR CASH LARMO somewhere.

So tomorrow its back to the engine bay and engine mount welding.

oops... this ramble should be in WDuuuuuuDTY914T section...

confused24.gif

76-914
All righty then...... looking forward to you blowing my car of the road after all the $$$ you've thrown at that 6. It would be the Shits if my $800 engine outran yours. happy11.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif Either way were going to have a blast. beerchug.gif
76-914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 31 2016, 05:42 PM) *

What is on the agenda for Sat ?

And 10 weeks later I get around to responding dry.gif . Here's a little hint; we'll be mountain hopping Saturday! biggrin.gif T MINUS 36 Days and counting! beerchug.gif
Cuda911
Crap, I can't attend this wonderous of events. I will be racing at Festival of Speed that weekend. Drink a beer for me, ok?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.