Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2017 * Official Thread *
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 6 2017, 06:38 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2017, 01:55 PM) *
Can the Rt66 high jacking. poke.gif Especially if you ain't going. biggrin.gif
Too many irons in the fire at the present time ... next year, for sure cool_shades.gif

You are in direct violation of the Rt66 high jacking rule. If this kind of behavior continues, you will be dealt with severely. chair.gif Uh oh! I guess I am as well. High jacking this thread I mean. Sorry I can't make it. Sounds like a good one. sad.gif
76-914
Just checked the Wx forecast for Idyllwild. PERFECT! Nites=42-48-48 Days=72-73-73. Clear skies, 0% chance of rain! piratenanner.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif smilie_pokal.gif cheer.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 13 2017, 10:53 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 6 2017, 06:38 PM) *
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2017, 01:55 PM) *
Can the Rt66 high jacking. poke.gif Especially if you ain't going. biggrin.gif
Too many irons in the fire at the present time ... next year, for sure cool_shades.gif
You are in direct violation of the Rt66 high jacking rule. If this kind of behavior continues, you will be dealt with severely. chair.gif Uh oh! I guess I am as well. High jacking this thread I mean. Sorry I can't make it. Sounds like a good one. sad.gif
Wow, Elliot - this would be the first time YOU didn't make one, wouldn't it? confused24.gif
914_teener
He was there last week laugh.gif
76-914
Yeah, he's at the stage where he prefers a good parts meet over a drive with friends. av-943.gif Not really. You see Elliot is afraid his car will break down. That things is as reliable as a Texas weather forecast. stirthepot.gif lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 14 2017, 02:03 PM) *

Yeah, he's at the stage where he prefers a good parts meet over a drive with friends. av-943.gif Not really. You see Elliot is afraid his car will break down. That things is as reliable as a Texas weather forecast. stirthepot.gif lol-2.gif

I'm not at all afraid my care will break down. I'm afraid it will break down and I won't be able to fix it. av-943.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 14 2017, 05:42 PM) *

I'm not at all afraid my care will break down. I'm afraid it will break down and I won't be able to fix it. av-943.gif

People fix their own cars at this event? That's different from the others. I'd complain to the host about the rules lol-2.gif

My car should be running Monday. Then I'm driving 5 hours away on Thursday. About 700 miles round trip. No pressure aktion035.gif
VegasRacer

Get your kicks on Route 6 6.
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 14 2017, 05:42 PM) *

av-943.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif
Steve
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 14 2017, 07:48 PM) *

Are you bringing them with you?
914_teener
Porsche content......

Click to view attachment

Passed right by Elliots place....at week early...name that winery:

Click to view attachment
Blue6
I think it's that winery that boxes their wine for Walmart. Did you buy any for Rt66? See you stopped by to see Jimmy's last drive.....
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 14 2017, 08:32 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 14 2017, 07:48 PM) *

I have room for the other one drooley.gif

You also had a much better day shades.gif I went to the PickApart and got started on my farmers tan burn.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 14 2017, 08:32 PM) *

Sorry, I am not allowed to transport unregistered bunnies across state lines. Nine One Four.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 14 2017, 08:38 PM) *

Porsche content......

Click to view attachment

Passed right by Elliots place....at week early...name that winery:

Click to view attachment

It's big enough to probably belong to these folks. http://www.wonderful.com/who-we-are.html
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 14 2017, 10:07 AM) *

He was there last week laugh.gif

Wrong again smart guy. dry.gif I'll see you all tomorrow. av-943.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Apr 14 2017, 09:00 PM) *

I think it's that winery that boxes their wine for Walmart. Did you buy any for Rt66? See you stopped by to see Jimmy's last drive.....

Next week?

I thought it was in Paso this week?

Elliot got the winery right.
76-914
icon_bump.gif Sunday bump.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 11 2017, 07:44 PM) *

Be in Vegas wed. meet up with John Peterson then caravan to temeluca thursday.

Hey Jimmy, Are you staying at the usual place?
Are you driving or trailering?
9:14 am Thursday morning caravan departure?

Chris914n6
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 16 2017, 08:59 PM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 11 2017, 07:44 PM) *

Be in Vegas wed. meet up with John Peterson then caravan to temeluca thursday.

9:14 am Thursday morning caravan departure?

Only a 6 hour drive with lunch, room won't even be ready yet for a nap poke.gif

Unless there is something cool to do to kill some time besides get ticketed?

We could grab breakfast first?

Any AZ peeps?

Do we have a neato lunch spot?
michael7810
I'll be driving Thursday from Phoenix but will be leaving early and stopping about 1/2 hour short of Temecula to visit my brother for a couple hours. It doesn't look like our routes will cross until Riverside so not much sense trying to meet up before the hotel in Temecula.
Who else is driving from/thru PHX?
Steve
Delia's Grinders on University in Riverside, is one of my local traditions. They make this kind of semi hard crunchy bread that is awesome. They are known for there ham grinders with oil on them.
VegasRacer
The shirts have arrived. piratenanner.gif

Brady, Jamie, Joe, Mike and Rick: Your shirts will be in the mail tomorrow.

There is 1 extra shirt, size Medium available. First one to post gets it. $30. Sold.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 17 2017, 08:44 AM) *

There is 1 extra shirt, size Medium available. First one to post gets it. $30.

Thanks JP - awesome job - can't wait to wear it, especially at Red Rock Classic this year!
sb914
I'll take it
euro911
The shirts look nice, John ... looks like 356 caliber apparel poke.gif
JustinMeier
I'm headed to LA on Sat so I'm planning on making a stop at the hotel in Idyllwild around 5:30-6.. I don't have a lot of time to stay but I'd like to see some of you even if it is for a half hour or so. beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
Would like to have made it this year but I am in the later stages of completion on the conversion and do not want to rush anything at this point. sheeplove.gif

I recieved Perry Keihl's work of art in the harness bundles and detailed instructions to mate the MSD to the harness and to the engine etc. Taking the shroud off of a 911 engine in a 914 after installation of the carbs, linkage, block off plates, bla bla is a real treat... just to get at the three wires that go to the back of the alternator....

Have fun and send out pix of the meet. beerchug.gif

914_teener
See ya maybe in a couple of years Forrest.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Apr 17 2017, 01:33 PM) *

Would like to have made it this year but I am in the later stages of completion on the conversion and do not want to rush anything at this point. sheeplove.gif

I recieved Perry Keihl's work of art in the harness bundles and detailed instructions to mate the MSD to the harness and to the engine etc. Taking the shroud off of a 911 engine in a 914 after installation of the carbs, linkage, block off plates, bla bla is a real treat... just to get at the three wires that go to the back of the alternator....

Have fun and send out pix of the meet. beerchug.gif

That is Beautiful Forrest!
76-914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 17 2017, 01:37 PM) *

See ya maybe in a couple of years Forrest.

Yep, may see it @ Rt66 2019 because he is banned from 2018 for Photo Bombing the current Rt66 Thread with his personal project. chair.gif
euro911
sad.gif

When will I be able to attend another run? confused24.gif
Chris914n6
Couldn't get the 914n6 running in time. No sparks or injectors firing so I must have missed something on the wiring or fried the ecu.

Good news I get a comfortable but slow ride with a great stereo and heater with plenty of room for all the raffle goodies I'm gonna win santa_smiley.gif
rhodyguy
2 days.
StratPlayer
Leaving tomorrow morning, I'm ready to go.
rhodyguy
1 1/2 days.
914_teener
Guys and Gals........

I may not be able to attend this years R66 gathering due to the absolutely bitchen solar cell conversion that only I am performing on my 914.

Even though I haven't figured out the exact details of my conversion I am still waiting for a bitchen wiring harness to my polished aluminum microinverters from Jeff Bowlsby.

Due to some other alternative facts, I may be able to actually remove the panels and drive the car with the original motor that was engineered for it by NARPters known to have hung out at the time with the so called man named Ferry...er something like that.

Please see the attached pictures for your drooling pleasure.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Blue6
If you put a panel on the rear truck lid also, the two panels will be the equalivant of a 1.8..... biggrin.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Apr 18 2017, 10:01 PM) *

If you put a panel on the rear truck lid also, the two panels will be the equalivant of a 1.8..... biggrin.gif

Don't need to. Those be 325 watt panels....Solarworld...made in Merica.

The one panel is worth more than a running 1.7 I notion.

See ya guys up there...need to tighten the alt belt me thinks and sounds like, if I ditch the solar panel. It did fire right up.

Think I better put the wine bottle down and go to bed now. That Paso wine is pretty darn good. I'll bring a bottle with.
euro911
The big drawback with micro inverters is that they're only grid-tie - no battery back up when the grid goes down dry.gif

Have you looked into the Tesla Power Wall? ... http://www.energysage.com/solar/solar-ener...l-home-battery/

Looks like my annual SCE bill will be a tad over $200. this fiscal year mueba.gif
76-914
Remember to bring the GO Pro's if you have one. There will be appx 4 hr's drive time in the mountains with lots and lots of twisties. A few strategically located cams within the line of cars could result in one Hell of a video once edited down to 5-10 min's. piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
Click to view attachment
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 17 2017, 10:44 AM) *

There is 1 extra shirt, size Medium available. First one to post gets it. $30. Sold.

Mine arrived today!

Looks AWESOME!!! Thank you
Keith914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 19 2017, 07:31 AM) *

Remember to bring the GO Pro's if you have one. There will be appx 4 hr's drive time in the mountains with lots and lots of twisties. A few strategically located cams within the line of cars could result in one Hell of a video once edited down to 5-10 min's. piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif

Good news bad news. First the good, I just sold my engine as a key step in the journey I am already well onto installing my 911 six 2.7 Ltr. Now the bad, I will not be able to attend "Route 66". I have a reservation ($174.90) at the Silver Pine Lodge for night of Sat. 22nd. Will not cancel until later today making it available to another Teener.

See you at Mammoth with my six smile.gif
olsib914
What time departure from Temecula on Friday am? sent a pm but never sure if proper buttone were used
Olsib914...yet another Mike
VegasRacer
The first *official* 2017 Route 66 Classic activity will be breakfast at Coco's at 8:30 am on Thursday. chowtime.gif

We will see the rest of y'all in Temecula in the afternoon. driving.gif beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
you're in temecula now? turns out some friends from up here are on my flight and headed for temecula as well. they're renting a car and i'll hitch a ride with them. handy.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 19 2017, 08:23 PM) *

you're in temecula now?

No. splat.gif Coco's in Vegas, on Tropicana Avenue.
76-914
QUOTE(Keith914 @ Apr 19 2017, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 19 2017, 07:31 AM) *

Good news bad news. First the good, I just sold my engine as a key step in the journey I am already well onto installing my 911 six 2.7 Ltr. Now the bad, I will not be able to attend "Route 66". I have a reservation ($174.90) at the Silver Pine Lodge for night of Sat. 22nd. Will not cancel until later today making it available to another Teener.

See you at Mammoth with my six smile.gif

A deposit was placed in your name for the Saturday Banquet. PM me. We'll get it straightened out. Kent
Larmo63
Anybody got extra space in a room for Friday night?

Pm me....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.