Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Pope
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Vatican TV - Live Coverage
bd1308
internet site is PACKED....i cant see nothing dry.gif apparently they've chosen a new pope though
fiid
I heard they run Papalsoft......

lol2.gif lol2.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif
Joe Ricard
Just gotta pic a new name. John , Paul, or some other Apostle Wonder why we never had a Judas?
fiid
or even Judas Preist

rocking nana.gif
kermit
This is really exciting - and I'm not even Catholic. Can't wait until they actually announce the name, not that I would know who that was in the first place!

I hope the new Pope is going to be a car enthusiast, pro-914 kinda guy...
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (fiid @ Apr 19 2005, 08:34 AM)
or even Judas Preist

rocking nana.gif

That's funny
seanery
Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany is our new pope, Pope Benedict XVI
fiid
Oh Ratz. He's another hardline guy right? I don't think that's a good thing.

phantom914
Today the Vatican, tomorrow the.....................

Andrew
Joe Ricard
So he's German rocking nana.gif
Who think's he should have a teener for the Pope moblie? hey, maybe Moby is a good candidate it's already white.
jonwatts
WOW, I won the Pope-Pool at work!

and I never win anything aktion035.gif

Definitely need a 914 Popemobile. Who's Photoshoping one?

MattR
Someone said new pope?

user posted image

note: if you take this too seriously... dont.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (MattR @ Apr 19 2005, 12:11 PM)
Someone said new pope?

note: if you take this too seriously... dont.

no,no... he could be a cardinal though... he already likes to touch little boys... all he need is the robe, and a school built onto neverland... wink.gif

on the serious side:
I'm not catholic, but I too think this is pretty cool, John Paul was the only pope most of us remember... I wonder if now a good hefeweisen will be an option for communion? beer.gif
morph
I'm not a catholic, but the new pope holds a lot of world power and I also have been very excited about this.

HIEDI
Joe Ricard
hefeweisen ?????? Maybe I'll start going again. Ya think we could talk 914's after mass. Hmm, maybe Blessing of the teeners every spring at the WCC.

SLITS
And this election makes the world better How?
TROJANMAN
anyone know how pope's get their names? (seriously)
Howard
QUOTE (glstrojan @ Apr 19 2005, 10:53 AM)

Pope elect picks for himself. He picked Benedict since his background is Benedictine. Local parish is going nutz. Monsignor is German.
JB 914
QUOTE (glstrojan @ Apr 19 2005, 09:53 AM)

they get to pick the name
TROJANMAN
why can't he keep his real name. i think JOE POPE sounds cool.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (glstrojan @ Apr 19 2005, 10:13 AM)
why can't he keep his real name. i think JOE POPE sounds cool.

Yea that does have a ring to it.
Mueller
great, the guy is 78 years old so we'll be going thru this again in a few years wacko.gif
Hawktel
QUOTE (seanery @ Apr 19 2005, 08:47 AM)
Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany is our new pope, Pope Benedict XVI

Ohh, Ratzinger got it. He was in charge of doctorine for the church. Seems like he might be a conservative type of guy.

I'm not sure thats a good thing.

Its amazing to me he is the 265th pope. I'm still wondering how they counted those 40 years when they had 2 popes, one in Avilgon, and one in Rome, but hey, I'll go with 265.
mudfoot76
It has been nearly 10 years since I was in Avignon, but IIRC, the tour guide said that the Vatican does not officially recognize the claims of Papacy in France. So my guess is they aren't included in that total? confused24.gif

And now I've got that silly song stuck in my mind... 'Sur le pont d'Avignon...'
scruz914
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 19 2005, 10:32 AM)
great, the guy is 78 years old so we'll be going thru this again in a few years wacko.gif

I bet that is the point. My guess is that they want to try another hard liner out for a while and not have to live with him too long if Catholics continue to decline. I am a bit surprised that they didn't elect the new Pope from a non-european country.
nebreitling
QUOTE (mudfoot76 @ Apr 19 2005, 10:56 AM)
It has been nearly 10 years since I was in Avignon, but IIRC, the tour guide said that the Vatican does not officially recognize the claims of Papacy in France. So my guess is they aren't included in that total? confused24.gif

i believe you're right.

of course, they do recognize the outrageously corrupt Medici Popes, who, amongst others, were responsible for acts so reprehensible it makes the current american priest sex scandals and historical 'issues' of pius XII seem down right tame... John Paul made great steps to at least address these latter issues, but the vatican keeps turning a blind eye.

oh, btw, as of 1992, world is now round. hope you got the memo.

i really can't handle this stuff... bs.gif
azbill
The new Pope is ultra conservative. He had alot to do with the Vactican Counsal II - also was a professor of theoligy. I don't look for any changes. I hope he will have a successfull papelcy.
Elliot_Cannon
I was hoping for a Pope that would bring the church up into the 18th century.
Elliot
tdgray
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Apr 19 2005, 12:59 PM)
I was hoping for a Pope that would bring the church up into the 18th century.
Elliot

18th... Shit I'd settle for the 17th biggrin.gif

I am a little disappointed, definitley not a mover and shaker. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.