Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 or VW Fog Light Switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
edrotol
Please see photo. Bought this thinking t was for our 914's.
Very different obviously. Never owned VW's that's why I am asking for help.
Questions: I take it this was for VW's, yes? What models? Beetle, 412's, Squarebacks., what? Older or later? Like Rabbits or whatever?
Switch body is bigger than the smaller 914 one. The insignia doesn't come off but is plastic. Knob doesn't unscrew. Just pull. Seems like it has no bulb.

Is this rare? Thanks for your info.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
edrotol
QUOTE(edrotol @ Oct 12 2016, 05:10 PM) *

Please see photo. Bought this thinking t was for our 914's.
Very different obviously. Never owned VW's that's why I am asking for help.
Questions: I take it this was for VW's, yes? What models? Beetle, 412's, Squarebacks., what? Older or later? Like Rabbits or whatever?
Switch body is bigger than the smaller 914 one. The insignia doesn't come off but is plastic. Knob doesn't unscrew. Just pull. Seems like it has no bulb.

Is this rare? Thanks for your info.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

delete. wrong item, wrong question. sorry.
914Sixer
211 number makes it a VW Bus
toolguy
Isn't the emblem symbol for heated window defroster.

The part number is for a VW Emergency Flasher Hazard Switch fits late model 1968 through 1973 Standard Beetles, 1971 through 1972 Super Beetles, late 1968 through 1974 Karmann Ghias, 1968 through 1973 Type 3 models and 1973 to 1974 Things

Question. . . If the knob doesn't unscrew, how do you instal it in the dash ???
Mark Henry
The fog switch is an ultra weird part number, the number is 113 953 253A a type one part number, good luck trying to find it through the VW part number system. I think it may be a 1967 only e-light switch.

The picture from the OP is 211 953 253A a bus E-light switch, wrong part.

The bus rear window defog switch is correct, but again a different part number 211959621A and it may or may not have an extra connection on it.
Wrong insert of course
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.