Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okteenerfest Show "Sign my car, please"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Garland
I wanted to thank all those that signed the car, I had a great time in N.C.

The paint is white Plasti-Dip flat white, sprayed over "not ready for show" body and paint work. Then ask all to sign the car with black markers. I had fun with this, and I had great response from everybody who wrote on the car, some had to be convinced to do that. (Plastic-Dip paint peels off)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Thanks! I like the idea and I may do the plasti dip on the hood and let a kids activity write or draw on it. Saw the teener fest event thread and now good you took pics of all the writings/drawings and post it here too. That will be a nice wall frame for your garage wall.

Maybe you can temporarily paint ur car with clear coat to save those writings for a while.
Rand
Cool! smilie_pokal.gif
Mblizzard
Honored to have signed that car.
Dave_Darling
That was an awesome idea!! I love all the photos of the individual signatures. smile.gif

--DD
Toast
Cool. :-)
Betty
Even after multiple assurances that it was all right, that he wanted us to do it, and even being handed the permanent marker - it still felt just so horribly wrong icon8.gif to write on somebody's car.

But darn if it wasn't a ton of fun actually doing it. biggrin.gif

Thanks for allowing us to write on your baby - what a genius idea to paint it with Plasti-dip! cheer.gif
mgp4591
It was a great idea and I'm happy to sign your project!
There have been some special cars (a GTR and a Gallardo) that have shown up to car shows with the same idea, then people donate a few dollars to sign the car. The donations in turn go to a good cause and the owners cost is minimal, although if you own a car like that, the PlastiDip is probably the lowest cost upgrade you'll ever do...
Garland
I would like to keep them, and the paint should last for a year. But I'v entered in the 2017 Challenge. Repaint coming.
Vysoc
Great idea Garland, as well as your excellent rebuild of the winning 2016 Build-Off Challenge Car!

Plasti-Dip has awesome charity possibilities for patrons to sign.

Again, great execution on your Build-Off!! first.gif biggrin.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.