Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good PCA LA Region Video on their Concours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
Here's a good video done by the LA Region on their recent 2016 Concours at the Museum of Flight at Santa Monica Airport:

https://www.pca.org/news/2016-10-11/video-l...cours-all-about

Enjoy! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ndfrigi
wow thanks for sharing sir Tom! If my car is 99% perfect maybe I'm one of those who clean a car to every details. When I was young and my family have a 1970 toyota sprinter in yellow that was restored to bare metal and a lot of upgrades, even my dad is hesitant to drive it because it took me more than 6 hours cleaning it.
Tom_T
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Oct 13 2016, 11:25 AM) *

wow thanks for sharing sir Tom! If my car is 99% perfect maybe I'm one of those who clean a car to every details. When I was young and my family have a 1970 toyota sprinter in yellow that was restored to bare metal and a lot of upgrades, even my dad is hesitant to drive it because it took me more than 6 hours cleaning it.

Actually, that's what our Wash-&-Shine division is for, an easy for DD folks to clean up & show their cars (interior & exterior only are judged), & why I worked hard last year to get us a separate Class for 914s in W&S - which all the other divisions already had.

If you're more brave, then Street Div. adds engine bay & storage (trunk[s]) to the W&S level.

We judges are more helpful, than critical, & really do try to rate the cars in class & division fairly by level of preparation for the awards, with suggestions for how to improve them the next time (or not, when perfect ;-).

Unless there are 2-3 914s at a particular event in W&S or Street (etc.), then you're assured of taking home some hardware in Class, & when they have 3+ they'll often do a 2nd place award in class also.

For the 2016 season we just have GEM/Bakersfield & AZ/Phoenix coming up, then we'll kick-off 2017 at the Queen Mary in January, which is usually a small show, with 11-15 shows - all but 3 are in SoCal, so lotsa chances.

Besides, there's always the Display only option just to show off the 914s, plus they do People's Choice awards in display at some shows (Santa Barbara had it).

IIRC you were in display for our OCR show at Mile Square Park in June.

Hopefully all of the concours are back in 2017, without the drought issues we had in 2016.

The San Gabriel Valley Region one is another one to go to, just to get the tour of the Art Center School of Design's Automotive Design Studios by their Dept. Chair & Car Designer Stuart Reed. An excellent experience, but was cancelled in 2016 due to the concours chair serving as Region President & nobody stepped up to fill in, plus the drought problem on the grass (although they could've done it on the parking lot if a chair volunteer stepped up).

Anyway, bottom line is that they're great car shows with neat Porsches & fun people! smilie_pokal.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 13 2016, 06:02 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Oct 13 2016, 11:25 AM) *

Actually, that's what our Wash-&-Shine division is for, an easy for DD folks to clean up & show their cars (interior & exterior only are judged), & why I worked hard last year to get us a separate Class for 914s in W&S - which all the other divisions already had.

If you're more brave, then Street Div. adds engine bay & storage (trunk[s]) to the W&S level.

We judges are more helpful, than critical, & really do try to rate the cars in class & division fairly by level of preparation for the awards, with suggestions for how to improve them the next time (or not, when perfect ;-).

Unless there are 2-3 914s at a particular event in W&S or Street (etc.), then you're assured of taking home some hardware in Class, & when they have 3+ they'll often do a 2nd place award in class also.

For the 2016 season we just have GEM/Bakersfield & AZ/Phoenix coming up, then we'll kick-off 2017 at the Queen Mary in January, which is usually a small show, with 11-15 shows - all but 3 are in SoCal, so lotsa chances.

Besides, there's always the Display only option just to show off the 914s, plus they do People's Choice awards in display at some shows (Santa Barbara had it).

IIRC you were in display for our OCR show at Mile Square Park in June.

Hopefully all of the concours are back in 2017, without the drought issues we had in 2016.

The San Gabriel Valley Region one is another one to go to, just to get the tour of the Art Center School of Design's Automotive Design Studios by their Dept. Chair & Car Designer Stuart Reed. An excellent experience, but was cancelled in 2016 due to the concours chair serving as Region President & nobody stepped up to fill in, plus the drought problem on the grass (although they could've done it on the parking lot if a chair volunteer stepped up).

Anyway, bottom line is that they're great car shows with neat Porsches & fun people! smilie_pokal.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Wow sir Tom, as usual you are the guy who really explain in details like what other said about you.

Thanks again for what you do for 914 and all other porsche enthusiast!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.