Click to view attachment
flipb
I call this one, "Two Cars, Four Trunks"

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Talk about attracting opposites biggrin.gif Very cool cars, love the tech
iwanta914-6
Best of both worlds I guess.

Tesla tech is unreal, I just choose not to give any money to Elon Musk biggrin.gif
sb914
Where's the engine ? biggrin.gif
flipb
Yeah, but the carbureted 2-seater and the internet-connected 7-seater are both mid-engined.

smile.gif

It's a 2013 Model S, I bought through the CPO program. Pretty clean for a 40,000 mile car (except paint chips on the hood), and amazing that they're still delivering upgrades to older models via software.

(Yes, I said 7-seater. I got the optional rear-facing seats, fit only for kids... of which I have two.)

Racer
Looks good!
JmuRiz
QUOTE(flipb @ Oct 13 2016, 12:11 PM) *

(Yes, I said 7-seater. I got the optional rear-facing seats, fit only for kids... of which I have two.)

Sweet, I was going to ask about that, but most of the buyers don't even know about that option. I love it, reminds me of our family truckster when growing up with the rear facing seats. Imagine how fast that mofo feels looking out the back window and traffic getting smaller and smaller behind you!
Toast
smilie_pokal.gif
iwanta914-6
I had no idea about the rear facing seat option. I had to do a quick google search to see what it looks like. Pretty cool as long as you don't have to haul anything back there at the same time.
flipb
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 13 2016, 04:29 PM) *

QUOTE(flipb @ Oct 13 2016, 12:11 PM) *

Sweet, I was going to ask about that, but most of the buyers don't even know about that option. I love it, reminds me of our family truckster when growing up with the rear facing seats. Imagine how fast that mofo feels looking out the back window and traffic getting smaller and smaller behind you!

It was on my list of "nice to have" options. Almost immediately when I started looking, I found this car with exactly the options I wanted. Rear-facing seats, tech package, and panorama roof (which improves headroom, especially for the back seat).

It's basically the lowest-level model -- 60kwh battery is good for about 200 miles, and RWD only. But on the upside, it has the biggest "frunk" of any Model S and still scoots 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. My wife's minivan is likely to remain our vehicle for long road trips.

EDIT: Also, this one predates the Autopilot hardware. So I have to actively drive it the whole time. Which doesn't suck.
jrblackbox
I know which one gets the garage!
iwanta914-6
Is the 200 mile range what you've experienced or is that the "book" says?

It would be interesting how much (if any) degradation of the batteries there is over the 4 years 40K miles.
Andyrew
Awesome! We have a Model 3 reserved that will probably replace my Fiesta as a commuter sometime in 2018 smile.gif
flipb
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 13 2016, 05:12 PM) *

Is the 200 mile range what you've experienced or is that the "book" says?

It would be interesting how much (if any) degradation of the batteries there is over the 4 years 40K miles.

I've only had it 3 weeks, and the most I've driven in a single day has been about ~60 miles. As far as I can tell, the "mileage remaining" is remarkably accurate. Supposedly, charging to 100% all the time puts strain on the battery, so you're supposed to routinely charge to somewhere between 70% and 90%; enough for your anticipated driving. You can charge to 100% as needed, i.e. the night before a road trip.

My 90% charge is about 179 miles, which extrapolates to about 199 at 100% charge. I think the EPA rating was 208, so that shows about 4.5% degradation since new. Based on what I'm hearing from other owners, that seems like a lot -- so I suspect the battery wasn't babied by the previous owner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.