Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In San Diego for the week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914efi
We are staying on the beach north of Mission Bay near one of the long piers. We are doing Sea World, zoo, etc. I plan on hitting the indoor kart track that I found on the net. Any other Porsche/classic car stuff to do around here? I thought it would be fun to check out Symbolic in La Jolla. Wish the weather was better!

Thanks for any info!
Dr Evil
Depends on what you want to do. PM me and we can talk.
sean_v8_914
the San Diego Auto museum in Balboa park. teh air and space is right next to it with an SR 71 Black bird next to teh entrance. Harbor drive has teh HMS Surprise from teh movie Master and commander. The USS Midway aircraft carrier is right down the street about 1/10 mile south. All these are in about 2 mile radius. Cosworth racing in Chula Vista has several 1000 HP++ monsters sitting out front. Scotts Porsche has several 356, 2 real 4 cam 550s, a 904, Kenny Rumbah's 400 + HP GT2 914 in pieces on teh floor and a 60 356 that hit a wall and flipped sad.gif
sjhowitson
Take some time and go see the Padres play baseball. Brand new park is fantastic. Should be some nice P cars in the parking lot. A great time will be had for the whole family. Sorry about the no P car content, but the park is big fun.....
914efi
We had dinner the other night in the 'gaslight' area near the ballpark. A crowd was starting to gather for the game. We are Sox fans! Driving through La Jolla yesterday I saw a nice looking orange 2.0 parked. It was funny to comment on that after seeing all of the Bentleys, ferraris, etc.

Went past Symbolic and a few other exotic dealers. Hope to visit them.

Thanks!
john rogers
SYMBOLIC Motor Cars in Lajolla!! Buy that 917 or Mclaren F1 you've always wanted.
914efi
My wife wants to go to Coronodo, so it looks like Cosworth and Scott's Porsche can be worked into that jaunt.

Thanks.
Howard
Coronado (be sure to check out the Del) and La Jolla are great walk around towns.

You're here now? C'mon up Saturday for WCC smilie_pokal.gif
914efi
I was trying to find out where it was, could you give some directions? We are leaving Sat morning, but maybe something will be going on Friday?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.