Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beware of Scotty Boy!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mike Fitton
Paid Scotty Boy for some rear Euro Lenses on 10/7, received a USPS tracking number that shows a label was printed on 10/7 but package was never received by the post office. I have sent a couple of PM's but no response, paid by PayPal so not worried about the money. I see he last signed in on Monday 10/10 anyone here have another way to contact him?
76-914
Oh yes, the scammer. Ask Era Vulgaris about him. Sold him a very nice looking polished turd. He purchased the car for himself and was quite proud of his "barn find". He even posted pic's of his find showing the rusted out areas he discovered after purchasing it. At that point he removed those rust pic's from his thread and sold the car to Era V., a new unsuspecting member. Tried to play it off but members here knew the difference and gave him the cold shoulder. For some reason he is allowed to continue posting in the classifieds here????? WTF.gif mad.gif Sorry mate. beerchug.gif
Mike Fitton
Ok, so this guy is a known scammer and is allowed to post here? Anyone else deal with this guy?
Mike Fitton
Interesting, I just got a notice from PayPal with a full refund after filing a claim for non-receipt of the lenses a couple of hours ago!!
Mike Fitton
Here is Scotty Boy's response in the PayPal resolution center this morning after filing my claim:

"Mike here is your refund. I've been tied up at work all week with an inspection and didn't get a chance to ship your lens. Regards, Scott"

lol! Funny how he never responded to my PM's but when I filed a PayPal claim I got some action right away.

So his scam is to send you a USPS tracking number in hopes that you believe the item was shipped I don't believe he had the lenses or he sold them to someone else.

Beware!!!
Localboy808
This is why this site needs a feedback section like thesamba. I've been wondering why it doesn't.
mepstein
Or just ban him.
rhodyguy
2nd the motion.
euro911
Feedback is a good idea, but I don't see too many people using it on the SAMBA. I've purchased and sold a lot of VW parts there over the years ... I don't think I ever posted or received any feedback confused24.gif

I typically acknowledge receipt and give thanks to sellers, as well as thanks to buyers in PMs ... sometimes on the World classified threads too.

Getting to be, 914 World isn't our father's Oldsmobile ...
Mikey914
Looks like this worked out well. Members protecting other members. Andy has a lot on his plate, so I'll take my world any way I can get it.
Mike Fitton
Admins why isn't he banned?
Mike Fitton
My guess is that Scotty Boy has more than 1 logon name and probably sells parts under more than 1 name. I just checked his Scotty Boy profile and he has not logged on since Monday which makes no sense. When you know you are getting bashed you sure would want to see the responses right?
mepstein
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Oct 15 2016, 09:14 PM) *

My guess is that Scotty Boy has more than 1 logon name and probably sells parts under more than 1 name. I just checked his Scotty Boy profile and he has not logged on since Monday which makes no sense. When you know you are getting bashed you sure would want to see the responses right?

Mike - He's scammed guys and been bashed but since he has been allowed to continue and not banned, he doesn't care what people say. He counts on selling to new members who don't know his rep.
Mike Fitton
I'll be bumping this thread once a week until he is banned. Just as a public service to other members.
rmdinmd
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Oct 16 2016, 10:32 AM) *

I'll be bumping this thread once a week until he is banned. Just as a public service to other members.

I seem to remember threads about issues with other guys (specialint is one) that seem to have been deleted; including some about Scotty Boy. So; good luck with that.
76-914
Basically, it boils down to this. It's Andy's show, he doesn't ask for anything in exchange and I'm good with that. biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Maybe a thread called the wall of shame with links to the other threads with details. Banning basically means your playing wack a mole. He can re register as another user. Maybe som advice to new members, be cautions about new postings from people with no or very little previous sales. Only accept western union, want to over pay so you can pay shipping, etc......

Might be a public service kind of a posting, no need to say anything specific about a member only the previous dealings did'not pan out with links to their threads. I think the
MOs will start to show patterns that will educate potential buyers.
gcrotvik
Not sure, and certainly not an excuse but I read somewhere that he was having personal problems. I PM'd him several weeks ago regarding some interior parts. He initially PM'd me and said he needed time. Haven't heard from him since.
Eric_Shea
Waiting for an admin to stumble on this or, has one been alerted?
carr914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 16 2016, 03:29 PM) *

Your signature says you are still an Admin!
McMark
I just saw this. A PM would have been nice. I can tell you that since this is the first I'm hearing of any of it and there's no links to any additional info, I'm not ready to go banning people just because this thread says so. Sounds like the issue got resolved at least.

I have no interest in letting spammer continue to prey on our members, but ever since we lost our government funding we can't afford to hire full time staff to babysit. So we just do our best with the lazy volunteer admins.

Please keep me apprised of any suspicious activity via PM with links and we'll go from there.
Mike Fitton
Update: Just noticed that my "refund" from Scotty Boy is "pending" so I called PayPal and they said he didn't have the money in his PayPal account to refund to me so they are waiting for the payment to clear his bank account which they have access to. Either way PayPal will cover me even if his bank account is empty.

Classic example of robbing Peter to pay Paul. I don't believe he ever had the Euro lenses but needed the money to pay someone else.
mepstein
Maybe put a hold on his classified privliges.
... and warn the guys on pelican and 914club. He goes by different names on different sites.
6freak
If i cant hold it and inspect it myself i dont buy it....meaning used parts from anyone on 914world ...kiss the money goodbye and chalk it up as a learning experience...if you get the money back thats a bonus...next time CYOA and hold the parts in your hand before you buy them...and yes its sucks those kinda people are even here fuckers like that need a good ol blanket party with bar soap in socks...burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.....good luck

MikeC...
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 17 2016, 04:46 AM) *

And he was removed once I stumbled on to this post.

I guess I was a bit too cryptic:

Here's a suggestion for future issues vs. wondering if people spammers get removed via mental telepathy; If you have a real problem, please alert an admin. Best to have a link to the offending post and/or poster. biggrin.gif

Every admin here has a real job so we rely on a bit of self policing vs. seeing every thread.

beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 17 2016, 10:06 AM) *

If i cant hold it and inspect it myself i dont buy it....meaning used parts from anyone on 914world ...kiss the money goodbye and chalk it up as a learning experience...if you get the money back thats a bonus...next time CYOA and hold the parts in your hand before you buy them...and yes its sucks those kinda people are even here fuckers like that need a good ol blanket party with bar soap in socks...burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.....good luck

MikeC...

That's not the way 914world works. 99.9% of the people on this site I trust. Sometimes there's a bad apple. They just need to be picked out of the basket and thrown back into the field.
boxstr
It seems that most of the disputes get resolved by communication between the buyer and seller. I don't see where we need an intervention from admin every time someone is unable to get the part they ordered or monies are not sent for parts, etc.
Craig at CAMP
JmuRiz
Guess I was lucky, never had any issues buying a deposit box from him in Dec 2015 confused24.gif
Took 5 days from contact to delivery
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 17 2016, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 17 2016, 04:46 AM) *

And he was removed once I stumbled on to this post.

I guess I was a bit too cryptic:

Here's a suggestion for future issues vs. wondering if people spammers get removed via mental telepathy; If you have a real problem, please alert an admin. Best to have a link to the offending post and/or poster. biggrin.gif

Every admin here has a real job so we rely on a bit of self policing vs. seeing every thread.

beerchug.gif

So Scotty Boy is banned then?
It's about time.
I'm not the only one he's screwed over, but he sheeplove.gif me over royally on a car. He went back through all his posts on the car, deleting all mention of all issues the car had prior to listing it for sale. Lied to me point blank about just about every question I asked him.
I noticed on all cars and items he's sold since then, that he goes back and deletes not just mention he's made of them in other threads, but all evidence of what was even for sale in the actual classified posts. If you have to go back and delete everything you ever said about something you're selling, there's something wrong.
I've been making this guy known every chance I get, hell it's in my signature!
The guy is a piece of shit. Good riddance!
forrestkhaag
icon_bump.gif
euro911
I noticed his profile says 'Group Member: Retired Members' and all his Topics and Posts are gone.

Sad to see someone who's been on a forum for 7 years go bad. Curious as to how many members he's dissed ... and when did it start?

Korijo914
I have NEVER heard anything bad about ' scotty_boy ' until you posted this thread ( in the wrong place, may I add) !

I think that you should move it to the Garrage, am I wrong? I understand that he might have screwed you, by buying something from him. I would have been a little more patient. Thats just me.

Move over to the toy box !

David ( korijo 914 ) Cawdrey
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Korijo914 @ Oct 17 2016, 03:53 PM) *

I have NEVER heard anything bad about ' scotty_boy ' until you posted this thread

Well then you haven't been paying attention poke.gif
Korijo914
Double Post

I am smoking too much dank, but it is legal!
Rand
Take your advice, and smoke a dank Dave. It's ok you haven't heard the stories, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen. Why do you say he was an admin? I seriously doubt that, unless it was under another persona. The people calling him out have had bad experiences and are interested in protecting the rest of us. People look out for each other here. Unless you know something we don't?? If that's the case, share it to keep things fair.

I hope you are doing well. Miss ya man. smilie_rolli_1.gif
Korijo914
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Oct 17 2016, 04:36 PM) *

I have NEVER heard anything bad about ' scotty_boy ' until you posted this thread

I have been paying attention to this thread and the other thread, but I have never had a deal with scotty_boy, but why has he been an admin for so long? Also, others have been satisfied with his selling and there are satisfied customers.

He has been around a long time. Here, and before the world, and before the club.

Be patient and don't get your panties in a wad!

Isn't this why Brad left e first time?

Take a valume, smoke a dank bud, and CHILL OUT!!!

My God...
Rand
Maybe ease up on the dank before the next reply. wink.gif
Rand
Admin alert. The real korijo isn't a newbie. Sigh. But I recall he recreated an account... Who knows. Just want to be sure he is not being impersonated.

Korijo914

QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 17 2016, 05:36 PM) *

Take your advice, and smoke a dank Dave. It's ok you haven't heard the stories, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen. Why do you say he was an admin? I seriously doubt that, unless it was under another persona. The people calling him out have had bad experiences and are interested in protecting the rest of us. People look out for each other here. Unless you know something we don't?? If that's the case, share it to keep things fair.

I hope you are doing well. Miss ya man. smilie_rolli_1.gif

Thanks for your support.

It was posted earlier that he was an admin some time. Here, or at the club? I am just saying give him a little bit of credit. He has been around quite a while.

Don't just ban him, right off the bat. Maybe give him a chance to clear things up.

Was he given a chance? I have seen him around for a long time.

Are there any more people who have had a satisfying buy or a great sell to scotty_boy? Speak up if you have had a satisfying buy or sell to scotty_boy.

Is it really all bad, or just a few random number of people? Don't just ban him, give him a chance to speak up. If chooses not to speak, then rant and rave!

Maybe there is a reasonable explanation?

Doesn't this thread need to be moved? I want credit for my posts!
Korijo914
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 17 2016, 06:04 PM) *

Admin alert. The real korijo isn't a newbie. Sigh. But I recall he recreated an account... Who knows. Just want to be sure he is not being impersonated.

It's me, silly! I haven't been hacked. I am using an eye controlled computer. If someone hacked my computer, they will go somewhere else. My eyes are quite fast. They wouldn't know what the Fuchs is going on!

Move the damn thread. I want credit for my posts!

Hell yeah! Change me back to member # 914 !
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Korijo914 @ Oct 17 2016, 07:58 PM) *

I have been paying attention to this thread and the other thread, but I have never had a deal with scotty_boy, but why has he been an admin for so long? Also, others have been satisfied with his selling and there are satisfied customers.

He has been around a long time. Here, and before the world, and before the club.

Be patient and don't get your panties in a wad!

Isn't this why Brad left e first time?

Take a valume, smoke a dank bud, and CHILL OUT!!!

My God...

You mean the other threads...with an "s". This has been going on for years. He screwed me over back in 2013...and I called him out for it here on the World back in 2013. And I've called him out countless times since then.
I don't care how long he's been around. A crook is a crook.
76-914
I can understand the upset Scotty Boy might have experienced once he discovered the mistake he made buying that polished turd. Lord knows that we've all made our fair share of mistakes. I could even have forgiven the fact that he pushed it off on another member if only he had admitted his mistake and made it right with Era V. None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes. But it's how we handle those mistakes that determines how we are judged by our peers. IIRC, this community gave him ample time and opportunities to "make it right". My guess is that he made a $5000 mistake had he rectified his screwing of Era and sold off the nice parts of the car to make some of it back. My upbringing tells me that my word is worth much more and once it is tarnished remains that way, indefinitely. As the prisoner said; "You steal one damned chicken and what happens? They call you a Chicken Thief." Scotty Boy made his own bed now let him sleep in it. I could still find forgiveness in my heart should he make it right with Era but until then I wouldn't give him enough Piss to take a Pill. beerchug.gif
Korijo914
I give up.

BTW : These thread (s) shouldn't be here!
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Korijo914 @ Oct 17 2016, 11:00 PM) *

I give up.

Smart move, put your energy towards something more deserving.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 17 2016, 11:06 PM) *

I can understand the upset Scotty Boy might have experienced once he discovered the mistake he made buying that polished turd. Lord knows that we've all made our fair share of mistakes. I could even have forgiven the fact that he pushed it off on another member if only he had admitted his mistake and made it right with Era V. None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes. But it's how we handle those mistakes that determines how we are judged by our peers. IIRC, this community gave him ample time and opportunities to "make it right". My guess is that he made a $5000 mistake had he rectified his screwing of Era and sold off the nice parts of the car to make some of it back. My upbringing tells me that my word is worth much more and once it is tarnished remains that way, indefinitely. As the prisoner said; "You steal one damned chicken and what happens? They call you a Chicken Thief." Scotty Boy made his own bed now let him sleep in it. I could still find forgiveness in my heart should he make it right with Era but until then I wouldn't give him enough Piss to take a Pill. beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif Cheers my friend. Well said. Had he made any attempt whatsoever to make any amends I wouldn't be opening my mouth. But no such attempt was ever made.
Larmo63
What is a "valume?"

confused24.gif
euro911
I think he meant Valium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/tfGYSHy1jQs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.