Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grip for today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
advtracing
I don't know what it is about some usa suppliers and shipping off shore , i swear they know it's going to the other side of the world so palm off there 2nds and crap on the basis we have no way to return it.
I just did a recover on my 914 seats and delt with SMS auto fabrics for yellow plaid and "the correct vinyl" , plaid was good , vinyl was some plastic sort of junk thin as , and no stretch .... total junk , plus i got ripped on shipping cost and i have had him up about it they won't even answer emails ...i mean what am i going to do 10,000kms away ... theres some sad $#@% out there
mepstein
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get what you expected. Give 914rubber a try next time. Price "might" be higher but quality and accountability are excellent. Shipping cost from them is always low.
76-914
agree.gif If it makes you feel any better , we get ripped right here at home by some suppliers as well.
veekry9
That is a foul way to do biz.
dry.gif
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=247944&hl=
Unsatisfied customers on the inet,walk-ins.Seems like a small management issue.
huh.gif
/
Mike Bellis
I once shipped a wiper motor to Australia and it cost $85 in postage. Motor was only $20.
Tom_T
Sorry to hear you got sheeplove.gif

Autos International in Fallbrook CA, USA; World Upholstery in Ventura CA, USA; & Lakewell.com in Europe are all 3 known quantities who do high quality interior restos for the concours folks, as well as for DD types (in addition to 914Rubber noted above) - so you're probably better off sticking with those known quantities .....

.... unless you can find a local known & well reputed upholstery shop who can source the materials from those places & stand by their work locally down there in Kiwi-land.

If you're doing another one, or redo this one, put away your Wellingtons ;-) , & try one of the known suppliers for it.

Also ask for samples to be sent before you agree to anything.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mikey914
As has been suggested. I may cost a little more (up front) but we do offer a complete kt. We've done the homework. The net result is usually a product of equal or better quality, at a lower net cost.

Also our international shipping is steeply discouned.we don't use shipping as a profit center.
Besides, supporting supplies that are here on world give you a known quantity, and allow us to continue to provide these and our products for your 914. It wasn't that long ago choices were VERY limied.
porschetub
Yes John it has happened to me a few times,I won't name the suppliers but the one that narks me is the'' small part in a big box'' issue even when you ask for it to be packed small sad.gif .
I know you import stuff are you using youshop by any chance? I personally save a bit on shipping as they repack large items if required,the repack charge is fair.
Some vendors ship @ actual cost and others add a bit on that's way I don't direct ship much to NZ.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.