Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailer Help WCC '05
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SilverBullet
Hello 14ers. I have a dilemma, I am towing Brad's trailer and my 14 down to the WCC on Friday. On Sunday or Monday we need someone to tow the empty trailer up to Lancaster and/or Willow Springs. Can anyone help? $40 in gas money is in it for you, and if the organizers allow for passengers I can also offer to bring you out on the track in this freshly rebuilt BP competition car which Brad and I put together. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason
Mueller
2" ball reciever correct?

I'm not sure what Jenny is driving down, but it couldn't hurt to ask....
nebreitling
slim possibility of me being able to do that, but won't know till i'm down there...
SilverBullet
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 19 2005, 11:32 AM)
2" ball reciever correct?

I'm not sure what Jenny is driving down, but it couldn't hurt to ask....

Yes, 2" ball.

I thought Brad said Jenny was heading down there with you, but obviously I'm mistaken. I'll check with her.

Thanks.

J
Tony C
bump

beerchug.gif

-tony
neo914-6
QUOTE (SilverBullet @ Apr 19 2005, 10:41 AM)
if the organizers allow for passengers I can also offer to bring you out on the track in this freshly rebuilt BP competition car which Brad and I put together.

Jason

Rules say no passengers allowed unless you are an instructor during a specific run... ohmy.gif

If it is a track only car, why don't you drop it off their first?
jonwatts
Sorry J, wish I could help but I'm not going (again) this year. As cool as it is to meet peeps and see everyone's cars it just doesn't fit the budget (both time and money).

Mueller
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Apr 19 2005, 01:35 PM)
Sorry J, wish I could help but I'm not going (again) this year. As cool as it is to meet peeps and see everyone's cars it just doesn't fit the budget (both time and money).

do what I'm doing...bum a ride (of course I'll help with gas) and pack a bunch of people into the hotel room to save on costs smile.gif

Jenny is leaving Friday afternoon so you can still go to your miserable job on Friday biggrin.gif
Rgreen914
SilverBullet

Where will this empty trailer (enclosed, if I remember it correctlly) be? And there will be a choice of destinations for it? I might be able to help out on Monday.

Ron
Brad Roberts
Actually he has my flat bed trailer (wood floor..fairly lightweight..I can move it around by hand..kinda)

Have Mueller drive his truck down..

Jason's car is "barely" street legal. He plans to drive it for the event, but someone else (female) will have the tow vehicle (not a girlfriend or wife) Asking her to pull the trailer out to Lancaster is a stretch. She barely agreed to drive the Surburban from Diamond Bar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I already have a trailer with me.. cant pull two easily.

B
Rgreen914
Brad

Where will the trailer be towed from and to where? You drove my green teener but you've never seen my white Suburban (3/4 ton). My trailer plug is a flat-4 ( kinda like a Type IV), will that work?

Ron
Mueller
Have Mueller drive his truck down..
...if I did that I might as well tow my 914 or 911 down smile.gif

Ron,

I'm pretty sure he needs the trailer towed from Camerillo to the racetrack...he will be driving the 914 to the track from Camerillo, he will not have his Suburban once he gets to the LA area until Monday evening...or something complicated like that...... wacko.gif
nebreitling
since i'm flat-towing, i can put my car on your (brad's) trailer and pull it to lancaster.
Brad Roberts
Ron,

It has the large connector on it. I *think* I have an adapter with me. If not.. Jason can buy one. Thinking more about it.. my adapter goes from large to the flat4 not from flat4 to large.

I do remember you. Nice car. Belonged to you wife.

B
Brad Roberts
SCORE. Thanks Nathan. I'll call Jay.

B
nebreitling
hell, it'll be nice not to change tires at the track....

i've got a standard 4-prong connector from the truck.
Brad Roberts
Oh.. DUH. My trailer is wired for BOTH. Should plug in and work. I told Jason that the trailer needs one 1157 bulb. Make damn sure he puts one in it. I dont recall if the wiring is correct for the flat4 connector on the trailer. No truck I borrow or truck I use has the flat4 style.. so I dont know how well it works. Feel free to wire the flat4 however you like.

B
Rgreen914
Mueller

I hope someone will have the exact location for this trailer when the time comes, it would be nice to know well in advance! This will be a bit of a drive and through a lot of traffic.

Ron
Rgreen914
Brad

Now that I've caught up with the replies...does that mean I won't be needed?

Ron
jeff m
I'm driving my m3 to the track event, my truck is not capable of pulling the trailer. I live about 4-5 miles from the hotel in camarillo and you're welcome to leave your trailer there for as long as needed.805-368-5857
Brad Roberts
Thanks Ron. It appears we have it nailed down. Thanks for offering.

JeffM.. I'll have Jason call you.

B
nebreitling
let's make sure the trailer has tiedown straps for my car, eh?
SirAndy
we'll make sure jason leaves the the schtrapps with the trailer ....

if not, brad has 2 extra sets with him ...
smash.gif Andy
boxstr
The CAMP 914 support Jeep is towing a dolly down. If you need I could put it on your trailer and tow it. Let me know if you need it.
CCLINUHAUL
EdwardBlume
You can get a 7 to 4 pin adapter. I happen to know where you could "borrow" one, along with straps if you need it.
neo914-6
Sorry Jason, high jack

QUOTE (boxstr @ Apr 19 2005, 08:17 PM)
The CAMP 914 support Jeep is towing a dolly down. If you need I could put it on your trailer and tow it. Let me know if you need it.
CCLINUHAUL

Craig,

Chris is now planning on driving his "wicked" V8 914 now that the first choice tow vehicle backed out. If trouble arises, could you tow his car to the next big city? It has AIR flares and air dam which may be a problem on the dolly...

I'm lining up a few tow possibilities and upgrading my AAA so he doesn't back out on bringing it. wacko.gif
boxstr
Felix, If it will fit I will tow.
CCLINUHAUL
SilverBullet
Wow, I'm gone for a few hours and look!

You all rock! Thank you so much.

I did get a call from Brad earlier saying that Nathan was a definite. Thanks Nathan! I will make sure that we have tie downs.

Jeff, I don't think I will need a place to store the trailer, but I do appreciate the offer. I will keep your number handy in case things change.

Okay, it's bed time. See most of you all in a few days.

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.