Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good cheap tire mounting and balancing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
Hey, all. I need to replace a couple of sets of tires very very soon now. The prices the local places are charging for mounting and balancing are just killing me, though. Any good place a CSOBONC can bring tires to? Conversely, is there a decent place willing to match Tire Rack's prices (without adding on extra "because you would have to pay shipping")?

The local Costco is now serious about only mounting tires that you buy from them. The local Big O wants $17 or $18 per tire, plus another $10 disposal fee. Ouch!! Any good alternatives??

--DD
JeffBowlsby
That sounds about right Dave. My recent pricing survey showed the cheapest at the used tire places out on Monterey Road...mount/balance...15 Washingtons...

Hey how you been doin?
neo914-6
I used the place on 13th off of 101 if that's closer.
nebreitling
$20/ tire is a good deal.
Mueller
Americas Tires/Discount and Wheel Works(sometimes) will often match +$10 the Tire Rack price
Jenny
I need to get my Falken Azenis mounted onto some wheels too. Plus they need to get the old tires off. I was gonna go with costco. I wonder how much Bontempi charges?

Jen
grantsfo
If you talk to Wheel Works guys or some of the other places and schedule a time that they arent busy sometimes they will work a deal with you. I got my 4 Yoko's mounted and balanced for $67 at wheel works in Santa Cruz about 4 weeks ago. I think the best I have done with price matching was at Wheels Works as well on some expensive SO3's they went for Tire rack +$20 per tire. That wasnt bad as Tire Rack was having a sale.
nebreitling
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 19 2005, 11:00 AM)
I wonder how much Bontempi charges?

$100 for four.
nebreitling
btw jenny i just saw your BF at the bank, lol
TravisNeff
I found a used tire store and had them mount and balance for $50 last Sunday.

It's funny because as I was reading this post the doorbell rings... shonuff! a set of 4 Bridgestone S-03's are sitting in the doorway and a box from Tarett with adjustable drop links and swaybar reinforcment brackets. WOOHOO!

Just put the last coat of paint on the enkies about an hour ago, from gold to black. Gonna let them cook in the sun for a few hours before I have the tires mounted up. I am sure I will get some gooey scratches during the mounting and balancing as the paint is still soft - oh well time's a wastin! Alignment to be done tomrrow morning

Gonna head out and set the ride height after popping in the 250lb rear springs and install some grease fittings for the front bushings.
sj914
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 19 2005, 10:49 AM)
I used the place on 13th off of 101 if that's closer.

Is that where you had the 18's mounted?

How much did they charge?
PatW
Skips Tire and Auto
1150 Blossom Hill Rd.

Bought four Yoko ES100's 195/60' for 410$ mounted and balanced. Ask for Ben or Pat. Be sure to tell them to balance on their Hunter Road Force.

If you want Yoko's, Tell them you want to pay the tire rack price and you are willing to wait until they bring them from LA. If they start acting strange ask to talk with Ben.

Dave_Darling
Thanks, Pat! I'll talk to them. smile.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.