Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: L-Jet Throttle Body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
malcolm2
I sent my TB off to New Mexico to be rebuilt. He was out of cores, so I will get my actual TB back, but it is going to be 3 or 4 weeks without the car. I did not think the timing thru.

I have no plans to drive anywhere, but the weather is AWESOME and I want to be driving.

I would like to BORROW an L-JET throttle body for a few weeks, so I can drive some while my TB is gone.. I'll be glad to return it once mine comes back all perfect and shiny.

It should go without saying that I'll handle the shipping, both ways.

And if you don't want to LOAN one out, make me an offer of a working TB you might want to get rid of.

Let me know,

Clark
malcolm2
anyone?
bretth
I have one you can borrow but it has not been run in years and I don't know the history of it otherwise. May be more trouble to clean up and get going than it's worth. I am saving it as a spare. I will send a pic later.

Brett
malcolm2
sounds good. I would gladly clean it up in order to drive me car. Pictures would be great.
bdstone914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 18 2016, 10:25 AM) *

sounds good. I would gladly clean it up in order to drive me car. Pictures would be great.

I think the 74 and 75 TB are different with an added port on one of them.
Do you know the part number of what you need ?
bretth
Not sure what year my spare is will get numbers and pics in a little while.

Brett
malcolm2
QUOTE(bretth @ Oct 18 2016, 06:02 PM) *

Not sure what year my spare is will get numbers and pics in a little while.

Brett

Yes my old one had 2 ports. This is the one i shipped off. There is a big glob of grease covering the last few numbers. But it ends in an "A". Plus i ran for about a year only using the advance port. Click to view attachment
bretth
Here's some pics. Looks like number may be the pretty close. Now how in hell do you remove the wire connector without breaking the damn thing? Let me know if it looks like a winner.
jtprettyman
Clark -
I am just down the road from you in Murfreesboro and am just getting started on a 74 1.8 restoration. The TB is in unknown condition, but you are more than welcome to it. PM me if you want.
malcolm2
QUOTE(bretth @ Oct 18 2016, 07:01 PM) *

Here's some pics. Looks like number may be the pretty close. Now how in hell do you remove the wire connector without breaking the damn thing? Let me know if it looks like a winner.

I believe you are correct. Both end in "A". The connector should just pull off. Worst case the is a "C" shape wire that can gently pried off.

Don't need TPS. It is held on with 2 screws then pulls off of the shaft.
bretth
Interesting. I just checked the TB in my 75 car now and it has only the one larger vacuum port where my spare has two ports. It also looks like the smaller port tube got bent at some point (see previous pic) or is it supposed to be like that?

Brett
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.