Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race Gas - Road Atlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bpick84
Going to the Mitty next week and trying to decide wether to buy at the track or bring my own. Anyone know what the fuel price is at Road Atlanta?
Joe Bob
Gas at ANY track is ALWAYS way out of sight....
bpick84
Not always...I paid $4.65 a gallon for 110 at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham about 3 weeks ago. I was sorry I did not have more jugs to fill up before I left there. But, usually you are right.
Brett W
What car are you driving? I was at Barber a couple of weeks ago and will be at the Mitty Next weekend. I am crew for the blue 79 Mazda RX7 GTU historic GT car.
Dave_Darling
From the Bird's Racing board:
Jason: 110 octane at Road Atlanta was going for $7.80 a gallon in early March when I was there and purchased some. The 100 octane they were selling was $6.80 a gallon.

--DD
sharper
I don't know if it has a bearing on race fuel but we typically have one of the lowest gas rates in the nation. Right now regular unleaded us around $1.98 a gallon. I might have to make it over to the Mitty race if the weather is nice.
bpick84
You are right I usually skipping fuel in Tennessee and try to fuel up in GA when going that way. I actually have noted which exit to fuel at since prices vary from area to area. The price difference is in the tax structure. However that does not effect race fuel since it is not road taxed. I think it has to do with captive market and concessionrights at different tracks. I can buy 110 locally for $3.76 a gallon by the drum. I hate to haul it but.....I am cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.