Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: inside light fixture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
the light fixture between the seats is not wired and I don't want it to be. does anyone know if there is a battery-powered one available?
Mueller
user posted image
Mueller
seems like an item JC Whitney would have (batt. powered interior light)

I cannot remember, does the ashtry have a light?
djm914-6
go to your local radio shack and pick up a 10 place battery holder. Wire that to the stock light and hide the holder behind the seat pad. Place 10 rechargable batteries in the holder and you're set to go.
Dave_Darling
Just as long as you don't need it to go on when the door opens. No good way to do that without a wire or two. As an alternative, you might run wires up the engine bay side of the firewall, then put a couple of holes (with gromets of course!) to run them in to the back of the light. You'd need a different light, of course, unless you were keeping the stock back pad after all.

--DD
Rand
Mueller

"as seen on TV" Yeah baby, the "tap light!" biggrin.gif

Just curious... why not wire it? Just thinking I'd rather use the battery that's already in the car and let the alternator keep it charged so I don't have to replace batteries later. But going self-contained...There are some cool LED interior lights nowadays; They never burn out and use less power so the batteries would last longer.

A Google search will give you some sources.
airsix
I'd either wire it like it came, or cary a little mag-light.
-Ben M.
Mueller
QUOTE (airsix @ Apr 19 2005, 04:09 PM)
I'd either wire it like it came, or cary a little mag-light.
-Ben M.

I prefer the larger "ouch, that is going to leave a mark" Mag-lites smile.gif

we need a smiley with black eye, hahaha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.