Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REBUILT 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boston Tom
Any experience with the Auto Atlanta rebuilds?

How about other rebuilders--good/bad?

Mant thanks for your thoughts!

Tom
Ferg
I would stay far away from Auto Atlanta, but that is just one mans opinion

Give Mark at Original Customs in MI a call. He would be my choice for a 2.0 rebuild

beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
popcorn[1].gif unsure.gif welcome.png

Welcome, first
Second, I'd say you will get a lot of responses here saying that you will do well to talk to a couple other members that specialize in this area. - are we talking engine rebuild, then talk to McMark in Michigan.

Also There is a Master Porsche mechanic right here in South Carolina that has 40+ years experience in air cooled motor rebuilding. BillH1963 has had him do some work on ish 911/6 but George does everything- ive seen a beautiful 356 there just finished as well. Ive not had my motor rebuilt because my compression is good but, if I were going down that road, i would Call Bob Woodman - Bob Woodman Tires, Inc.
don't let the name fool you. - these guys know aircooled Porsche motors as well as anyone in the country.
843-524-8473 Beaufort SC
Their reputation is excellent, -
on west coast I am sure there are a lot of options, more air cooled places there, Fat Performance is one ive heard good things about.

Phil
KELTY360
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 17 2016, 12:16 PM) *

I would stay far away from Auto Atlanta, but that is just one mans opinion

Give Mark at Original Customs in MI a call. He would be my choice for a 2.0 rebuild

beerchug.gif

agree.gif

He tries to make it easy to ship also. First class guy and very experienced and knowledgeable.
Mikey914
Mark at Original Customs has a rebuilt program dialed in. Highly suggest you contact him. If you are looking for the absolute cheapest, he's not your guy. But if you understand that quality parts make a quality build he's your guy.

Not trying to say his prices are high here. He's a good value for what you spend. You know it's right, and he stands behind what he does, which means cheap parts and shortcuts that compromise the build are not on the menu. He is very fair.
colingreene
I have a freshly rebuilt 2.0L sitting on a stand ready for a new home also.
rhcb914
welcome.png

Welcome from a fellow masshole.

Chris Foley, Tangerine Racing in CT is a local resource you should check out.

Boston Tom
Thank you all for the guidance--very helpful!

Tom

Boston Tom
QUOTE(colingreene @ Oct 17 2016, 06:44 PM) *

Please tell me about the engine, price & core.

Thanks,

Tom
Coondog
QUOTE(Boston Tom @ Oct 18 2016, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(colingreene @ Oct 17 2016, 06:44 PM) *

Please tell me about the engine, price & core.

Thanks,

Tom

Agreed what's your price.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.