Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know the Coefficent of Drag for 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wwhalenc
Also, anyone know the Frontal surface area?. Did a search but no dice. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Rouser
Cd is above a box of Kleenex, and just under a bread box. WAG ... 'bout a 0.36 Cd with a tailwind.

Umm, Frontal Surface Area? Gee, what you plannin' to build with one, a radar-evading stealth boulevardier?
Mueller
the numbers are listed in "Up Fix'n der Porsche" (or something like that),

I'll have to find the issue at home.,....I know I scanned it once and sent it to a list member, maybe he'll chime in and post the numbers........
wwhalenc
Uh.. I guess my geek is showing. Just was wondering what overall drag is (need both those numbers and rolling resistance to plug into the equation).
machina
in my 914 portfolio (has numerous 914 road test)

one mag lists aerodynamic forces at 100mph

lift at front: 230 lbs
lift at rear: 150 lbs

total aero drag: 225 lbs

I'm still looking for some Cd numbers
Mueller
rolling resistance will vary depending on tires and alignment settings
Joe Bob
.32-.36 depending on the source(s) per Google.
Rouser
Rolling Resistance? Like, when you snap a clutch cable and have to push it out of the left lane?

Man, that's a tough one. idea.gif That figure tends to vary from person to person i.e. your stature, leg strength, girlfriend's dress size, etc. Realize I'm yankin' you here; this isn't info we carry around in our hip pockets, mainly because we just drive the blasted things.

Damn the wind tunnels, full speed ahead!
ammason
I'd heard 0.34 so that's right in there...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.