Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price Check on Early Dash Pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Fitton
Searched here and on Ebay to try and find one of these for sale and couldn't find anything. What are these early ('70-'71) dash pads worth, I want to sell it but not sure of its value. Has a few flaws as seen in the pictures. The 2 little cracks are not visible when mounted and all mounting studs are there. This is the pad with the larger opening over the glove box for early cars.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=578
374]Click to view attachment
Mikey914
I'd imagine they are in line with the current cap prices. Depends on if it's going into a 6 and if theirs is worse.
sixaddict
Personally when the words "nice except" are used it goes from mega $$ to why buy it and go through hassle of changing
Hard to rationalize much unless you have a rat to start with
restoring is the same bad or just a few issues
pbanders
You could probably get a local pro at fixing vinyl upholstery to repair those minor flaws and make this top worth more.
altitude411
It has the dreaded sag...otherwise looks good. I still think Marks repop would be an easy adjust to fit early. I know you'll get someone to cash you out. GLWTS
Mikey914
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 18 2016, 06:49 PM) *

It has the dreaded sag...otherwise looks good. I still think Marks repop would be an easy adjust to fit early. I know you'll get someone to cash you out. GLWTS

The late I make actually does bolt directly on the early frame. In fact the glove box can open fully, as it's mechanically limited before the relief on the bottom. The only way you can tell is to look up from under the dash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.