Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Took the Chalon out for a little cruise today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Took the Chalon out with Markydoo today. He came by at just the right time. I was finishing it up and took it down off the jackstands and took it for a spin to heat it up. Well, it didnt over heat. It ran very good actually. Had really good acceleration and it was really smooth. It takes about 3 or 4 pumps of the brakes to get them to work though. On the last little run up the street, I wanted to hear the 4 barrel kick in. Took off slow and then hit it, Wow, went to shift and the shifter broke in the rear so it was stuck in second gear. Now I just need to get my welder back from Joe so I can weld that up. However, it wont be making the trip up for the WCC. Got the car up to around 60 in a heart beat and then it started shaking from the front end. I have not taken it in for an alignment. Its way off. Money is a major issue right now so the car of choice this year will be the little stock 2 liter car in primer. So I am not touching the Chalon again till after the WCC, all the focus is on the stock car. See you all in a few days. Maybe Mark will chime in on what he thought about the ride. He is the first to ever ride in it.
MattR
Was the shaking that strut bolt issue?

Did you get the linkage sorted out?

Congrats scott! It sounds like fun! Too bad it wont make it to wcc, but its okay; ive seen it run biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
you da man now dawg.......

where did the shifter break?
Joe Bob
I had a shift coupler break in Frank....first freaking gear....had to drive 3 miles in first....sucked.
Markeydoo
Scott
Thanks for the ride. That V8 purred like a kitten on steroids. Let me tell you guys it was a GREAT ride until the shifter broke. That car can really GET IT ON. Thanks for letting me kristen your passenger seat...I will clean it up next time I come over. Boy that was an "E-Ticket ride
Mark
neo914-6
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 19 2005, 03:38 PM)
Took the Chalon out with Markydoo today. He came by at just the right time. I was finishing it up and took it down off the jackstands and took it for a spin to heat it up. Well, it didnt over heat. It ran very good actually. Had really good acceleration and it was really smooth. It takes about 3 or 4 pumps of the brakes to get them to work though. On the last little run up the street, I wanted to hear the 4 barrel kick in. Took off slow and then hit it, Wow, went to shift and the shifter broke in the rear so it was stuck in second gear. Now I just need to get my welder back from Joe so I can weld that up. However, it wont be making the trip up for the WCC. Got the car up to around 60 in a heart beat and then it started shaking from the front end. I have not taken it in for an alignment. Its way off. Money is a major issue right now so the car of choice this year will be the little stock 2 liter car in primer. So I am not touching the Chalon again till after the WCC, all the focus is on the stock car. See you all in a few days. Maybe Mark will chime in on what he thought about the ride. He is the first to ever ride in it.

At least I made it to the WCC04 breakfast before mine broke. laugh.gif

Sorry to hear about Shalome, at least you have a back up teener. smilie_pokal.gif
skline
Its an easy fix but there are just too many other issues that need to be resolved before I try to drive it regularly. Where I welded the extension in is where it came apart. I welded the one side in good but the other side I only tack welded it during the adjustment in case I needed to change it. The tack welds came loose is all. Easy fix. Thank you to Mrs.k for her help today, she came over and helped me remove door panels and take the old door apart that was removed from the car. The shaking in the front is from the front alignment, I just slapped it together and drove it. All the bolts are in and tight.
dan10101
Bummer, I wanted to see that beast.

Besides, if it's just Chris and Andrews, then we know who will look BAD and who will look bad... ohmy.gif

They guys are out there right now sanding and priming and all that. Starting to take shape. Thurs they are taking it to the Dyno shop to get the carb dialed in.

Dan
Brando
Damn Scott, sorry to hear about the shalon's non-appearance for WCC05. At least you weren't stuck in 5th or somethin biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
It takes about 3 or 4 pumps of the brakes to get them to work though.

I'd be more worried about this in a V8 914 ohmy.gif Bleed those suckers and you should be good...and new brake fluid if you haven't already. Nothing like a lot of "go" and no "woah".
Good luck getting is square, once it is it'll be insane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.