Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: original lug wrench needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jamie
I can't believe that there isn't an extra wrench out there somewhere- I didn't get a single response to my post yesterday?
URY914
I got one.
Jamie
Can you give me a price including shipping to KY- I also need the wire claw for removing hubcaps with 2 holes if you have it. Thanks for the reply.
nyum96
If all else fails, a VW new beetle wrench will work. Not original but.... thats what I use. Its also small.

BB
URY914
QUOTE (nyum96 @ Apr 21 2005, 08:10 AM)
If all else fails, a VW new beetle wrench will work. Not original but.... thats what I use. Its also small.

BB

Is there a differance between a 914 and a VW lug wrench?

Joe Ricard
QUOTE (URY914 @ Apr 21 2005, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (nyum96 @ Apr 21 2005, 08:10 AM)

BB

Is there a differance between a 914 and a VW lug wrench?

Ha, same part number same everything but when put in a Porsche it doubles the value wacko.gif
maf914
Are we talking about the cheap pressed steel tube with a formed hex shape at one end and a hole through the other end for a little lever bar to pass through? I put a 1/2" Craftsman flex handle with a deep socket in my trunk as soon as I saw that thing in the tool pouch! laugh.gif
nyum96
Here is a picture. For those interested, P/N 4D0012219A. Audi/VW part. I know when I added it to my tool kit, my car went up a couple of bucks in value. biggrin.gif

I would say it (the part) is no longer than 12 inches.

BB
Jamie
So what does the original 73 wrench look like? If it's a stamped/pressed cheapo I might not have recognized it when I picked thru Dad's collection of "stuff" he had stored in the trunk. That's why I didn't recognize the wire claw for removing hub caps- there were no hub caps!
URY914
QUOTE (nyum96 @ Apr 21 2005, 02:00 PM)
Here is a picture. For those interested, P/N 4D0012219A. Audi/VW part. I know when I added it to my tool kit, my car went up a couple of bucks in value. biggrin.gif

I would say it (the part) is no longer than 12 inches.

BB

I don't have one of those. I got the cast iron ones like the VW's.

Paul sad.gif
Cap'n Krusty
The original lug wrench is a stamped steel tube with a couple of holes near the outer end for the foot long (if that) steel rod to pass through it. The Cap'n
URY914
Here is a stock 73 tool kit.

URY914
Same as a VW Bug.
maf914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Apr 22 2005, 04:05 AM)
Here is a stock 73 tool kit.

I think that tool kit is the same as the one that was in my 76. Same lug wrench at least. I don't know if the screwdriver in my kit comes apart like that one though, since I don't think I ever used it.

What is the little u-shaped wire tool for? To pull something? Or to screw in a bezel?
URY914
You pull the hub caps off with it.

The h/c have two holes in them on the edge and you stick the ends of the U in the holes and pry it off with the bar.

Paul
JeffBowlsby
That hubcap clip has been a mystery to me...the 74-76 cars never came from the factory with hubcaps...

idea.gif
michaelmoo
The screwdriver also can have a black handle. Mine is original and has a black plastic handle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.