Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a Referral
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Looking for a reputable alternator rebuilder. I don't mind shipping it to them but I don't want to deal with anyone that doesn't do great work either. If you've dealt with someone over the years that you know and trust drop me their info. TIA, Kent beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Shorty's electric. Tulsa. Used him for thirty years. Once took him 6 alts. He called back in a few days and said they were ready. I picked the up with only one that did not test good. That's honesty! I have a starter there now. Gonna take him an alternator to build up with more amps.
injunmort
i live in the sticks,there are three locally that i have use to rebuild starters,alternators etc. pick up a phone book. no need to send off probably some one around the corner in temecula. in my z3, a rebuilt alternator was $600.00, cheapest i could find. local guy, $100.00. new bearings and tested and guarenteed for 6months. that was 3 years ago.
Elliot Cannon
I think Jim Hoyland has a guy that does alternators. Give him a try.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 19 2016, 05:02 PM) *

I think Jim Hoyland has a guy that does alternators. Give him a try.

Yup; Oscars in Costa Mesa on 17th between Placentia and Pomona. Been there as long time, small shop, Does all his rebuilds in-house, and had him do several over the years. He's in a strip mall with only auto related businesses, I go by there 2x a week. I'll see if I still have his card and get back to you
jim_hoyland
See:. http://www.citysearch.com/profile/586457/c...o_electric.html
76-914
Thx Gentlemen. Just what I needed. Personal experience with a shop goes along way with me. Mort, I wish it were that easy here. In CA everybody is a salesman and will promise you anything. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.