Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914-6 Dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
lostreasure
Original 914-6 Dash that is absolutely in mint condition- original dash ready to be installed in a concour/show car. These are impossible to find especially in this condition $1,000
Mike Fitton
What makes it a 914-6 dash? Thought there was just an early ('70-'71) dash and a late ('72-'76) dash.
sixaddict
How about some pictures. The price is heavy but for the real deal in excellent condition someone may be willing to bite the bullet..... but certainly not without pics
bdstone914
blink.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Oct 19 2016, 08:53 PM) *

Original 914-6 Dash that is absolutely like new- original dash ready to be installed in a concour/show car. These are impossible to find especially in this condition $1,000

I would definitely be interested in a perfect early 914 dash. I don't know of any difference between a 4 and a 6 dash though. I'd like to see some pictures. And is it used or NOS?
Blue6
popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
The difference is the undercut at the glove box. These are not unique to the 6. However if you have one in mint shape probably worth the asking price to the right guy with OCD
type47fan
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 20 2016, 02:44 AM) *

The difference is the undercut at the glove box. These are not unique to the 6. However if you have one in mint shape probably worth the asking price to the right guy with OCD

Steve Martin, here's a dash from a 1970 914/6 that I sold five years ago, in fair condition, for $350.00. The most obvious feature is the 911 style ignition switch hole on the lower left side.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Oct 19 2016, 05:53 PM) *

Original 914-6 Dash that is absolutely like new- original dash ready to be installed in a concour/show car. These are impossible to find especially in this condition $1,000

Do you honestly think anyone is going to shell $1000 for an item when you wont even post a picture?
And is it the actual dash or the dash pad?
sixaddict
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 30 2016, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(lostreasure @ Oct 19 2016, 05:53 PM) *

Do you honestly think anyone is going to shell $1000 for an item when you wont even post a picture?
And is it the actual dash or the dash pad?

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Things are obviously slow and all ( including me) are bored.
lostreasure
here are the pics
rgalla9146
Dashes, just like rear bumpers are only early and late. Not 6 vs. 4
The seller has listed cars for sale here and on Ebay on an irregular basis.
He has a history of failing to allow cars to be seen in person, cancelling appointments,
breaking deals etc. etc. etc.
I live 45 minutes away from him and called to see a car he had for sale.
Big run around. Never agreed to show the car.
Others have suffered much worse through dealing with him.
I'm not the only one.
Good Luck.
altitude411
Can you post a pic of the underside to see the mounting studs?
bdstone914
And the underside to show that it really is an early dash?
lostreasure
I removed this dash from a 1970 914 -
altitude411
Picture please...
Woodside914
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Oct 31 2016, 06:09 PM) *

I removed this dash from a 1970 914 -

If it's as mint unused, then.....why? How's the rest of the car?
Mikey914
The underside will be your money shot here. Yes the rest is nice, but the true CWs want to see that it will align for the glove box.
sixaddict
Ok so lets call the cards on this one.
I sent pm asking for pics with taper measure showing critical dimension and paypal account address for payment. I have received neither leading to the conclusion this is all bs.gif
sixaddict
reported to Eric for action
lostreasure
Sorry- i can not measure until this weekend- - You said you needed measurements before purchasing-Am i missing something? Part is not nearby to me-I work full time have large family with all kinds of sports and activities- What did i do wrong?? You are reporting me because i didnt measure something within a couple hours?
lostreasure
I still have many 914's- This car it came from was completely rusty however interior was mint-
sb914
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Oct 31 2016, 07:35 PM) *

I'm telling dad! WTF.gif did this guy do? maybe he don't hang out here all day long, maybe he's busy,chill out dude I'm sure he will post more pics for the c wieners. Geez
porbmw
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 1 2016, 05:33 AM) *

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Oct 31 2016, 07:35 PM) *

I'm telling dad! WTF.gif did this guy do? maybe he don't hang out here all day long, maybe he's busy,chill out dude I'm sure he will post more pics for the c wieners. Geez

agree.gif
Anyone reading this thread has been "schooled" on the difference between an early and later dash pad....and would be remiss not to follow up before purchase.

Most of us really do have a life beyond 914, by choice or, more likely, out of necessity
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Oct 19 2016, 04:53 PM) *

Original 914-6 Dash that is absolutely in mint condition- original dash ready to be installed in a concour/show car. These are impossible to find especially in this condition $1,000

Has this dash pad been recovered or is it the original vinyl? The color and the grain look different from my original pad.
Mikey914
Really too hard to judge the texture without some close up pics. I do think it has not been recovered in that it doesn't look puffy. It could be legit front what I can see, but too blurry when blown up to see for sure.
lostreasure
It has not been re-covered- It is original and mint. I have never seen a nicer one for sale any where! there is no warpage or bubbles like all the other ones that have or are for sale.
Garland
It appears that there is a slight "dent" at the right top side of the ash tray opening. True?
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Nov 3 2016, 03:28 AM) *

It has not been re-covered- It is original and mint. I have never seen a nicer one for sale any where! there is no warpage or bubbles like all the other ones that have or are for sale.

Are the mounting studs metal or plastic?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Garland @ Nov 3 2016, 05:58 AM) *

It appears that there is a slight "dent" at the right top side of the ash tray opening. True?

Its shadowing of the substructure you can see on the top of the hood also. More apparent in certain lighting. Would mean definitely no recovered.
stevegm
Can we get some pictures of the underside. I'm interested if it is definitely an early NOS dash.
gcrotvik
This is sold. I don't know who purchased it. I tried to buy it but someone was there before me.

Greg
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 5 2016, 11:20 AM) *

This is sold. I don't know who purchased it. I tried to buy it but someone was there before me.

Greg

I don't believe it. Unless he got all the pictures we were waiting for him to post. Who bought it, can they post here so we know it even existed.
stevegm
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Nov 5 2016, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 5 2016, 11:20 AM) *

Greg

I don't believe it. Unless he got all the pictures we were waiting for him to post. Who bought it, can they post here so we know it even existed.

Not me. I still need one.
lostreasure
Sold and shipped thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.