Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for orginal-style.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
Hi all. No radio in my car right now. I don't mind the no-music, but I would like something to fill that hole in my dash. I'd really like to have a radio that looks like an old one with the big chrome knobs and the little plastic view-window with the red channel indicator, but operates like a new one, complete with AM/FM and CD. That'd be awesome. Otherwise, just a normal old one witht he knobs. Anyone got any leads?

Thanks!
Cole monkeydance.gif
914fan
I still have the factory Blaupunk (sp) make me an offer (AM/FM/Caset)
tracks914
QUOTE (914fan @ Apr 19 2005, 07:24 PM)

Did they make AM/FM/Cassette in those years?
ws91420
There are some makers of look alike vintage radios that have remote cd players.. Also check out Crutchfield.com they are right here in VA.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (914fan @ Apr 19 2005, 07:24 PM)

Yet again we have to remember there were NO factory radios. None. Radios, as well as antennas, were installed by the dealers or by their chosen subcontractors. Most of the 914s that left our dealership were Bendix "Sapphires", a low-med range radio. I don't think there were any cassette radios commonly available until the late 70s. 8 tracks (and the ultra rare 4 tracks) were pretty much state of the art ................... The Cap'n
MecGen
You can try the one in my avtar rolleyes.gif
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.