Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC Track Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
I'm trying to organize the day as best I can, but I need to know what you want or expect.
So here is my question:

Do you want to have an instructor to ride along and give you advise or do you just want to cruise and enjoy the car with no one to tell you how bad you are?

I'm not doing this as a poll because I need actual names. If you want an instructor I'll do my best to get you one. So either post here or email me or PM me. The first guys to request an instructor will get one until I'm out of instructors, in case there's a run on them.
Duffster
Instructor... if I can get back up to Palmcaster Sunday afternoon
skline
I would like either you or John Peterson to ride with me and tell me where I can improve, if that is at all possible. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
half and half. nothing like a free driving lesson from some who knows what the hell is going on. when do you plan to start the grouping list? latter in the weekend? novice class for me.

k
JeffBowlsby
I would really like to just cruise solo...
drew365
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 19 2005, 07:30 PM)
I would like either you or John Peterson to ride with me and tell me where I can improve, if that is at all possible. biggrin.gif

Scott, I'd be happy to ride with you and I'm sure John would to. I have you on my list as a possible instructor if there is enough guys that want one.
dakotaewing
I am really looking forward to see how far I can push the rental car..... driving.gif
Do I get to go faster if I have an instructor?
drew365
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ Apr 19 2005, 07:40 PM)
I am really looking forward to see how far I can push the rental car..... driving.gif

We'd like this to be a fun, non competitive event. Having an instructor is your call. Please remember when you pass the limit of your rental car on rental tires that one of your 914 friends may be near by.
mightyohm
I would like to have an instructor since I will have no idea what the hell I am doing. Ever seen the video of that guy rolling his car following the 911? That'll be me. Just kidding. wink.gif
dakotaewing
QUOTE (drew365 @ Apr 19 2005, 10:45 PM)

We'd like this to be a fun, non competitive event. Having an instructor is your call. Please remember when you pass the limit of your rental car on rental tires that one of your 914 friends may be near by.

With all due respect to my 914"friends" - That was me being funny - And yes, that 's as good as it gets...(me being funny) laugh.gif
drew365
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ Apr 19 2005, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (drew365 @ Apr 19 2005, 10:45 PM)

With all due respect to my 914"friends" - That was me being funny - And yes, that 's as good as it gets...(me being funny) laugh.gif

Thom; I did'nt mean to give you a hard time. Everyone is looking forward to getting on the track. You still didn't say if you want an instructor or not. I really want to know what you guys are looking for. Either way is fine.
markb
Half & half for me. I've only been on the track once, and that was in our 911SC. This is a whole different kinda driving. I'd like to find out how to drive my car right to the edge (or until I scare myself silly biggrin.gif ).
bondo
I'd like an instructor, part of the time is fine. One run with an instructor will probably give me plenty to work on for the rest of the day. driving.gif

Can I get clarification on something? Are the main runs 914 only and any car is allowable on the 55 mph run only, or are all cars allowed the whole time?

(The second one appears to be what's on the WCC page, but I thought I saw something contradictory before)

I ask because I'm busting my ass to fix up my 914 and get it track ready, and if I don't make it, I'll have a WRX backup.
drew365
Bondo; anyone that's registered can drive what ever car they want. Of course if it's faster than a 914 you won't be well liked.
Please keep the replies coming. I have 36 guys listed as novice so I need to hear from a lot more.
Mueller
Drew,

are you going to have a few warm up laps with the newbies following behind you while you drive at 5/10ths or a tad bit above???

also, lets' hope a more experianced driver/car is not in the lead of the pack with newbies thinking they need to stay on his tail
drew365
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 19 2005, 08:19 PM)
Drew,

are you going to have a few warm up laps with the newbies following behind you while you drive at 5/10ths or a tad bit above???

also, lets' hope a more experianced driver/car is not in the lead of the pack with newbies thinking they need to stay on his tail

I had a complete schedule figured out but decided to get a better feel for what everyone wants or expects. Then I'm going to adjust the day to try to suit what I hear. Whether or not we use the skid pad will depend on how many guys want to concentrate on a little learning or how many want to be more informal and just enjoy a day with no stop lights.
Having a drive and follow session is certainly a consideration. The main thing I need to know is how many really want an instructor so I can try to accomodate.
jimtab
I would like to have an instructor at least part of the time, I also would like to do laps on my own. I am a newbie to tracks but I have autox time since the 60s... plenty to learn tho...I did complete the ground school for the pca HSDS but a diverticulitis flare up prevented me from going to Thunderhill....and I was so going to suprise everyone with my new found driving wisdom....son of bitch..shit..etc. sad.gif sad.gif
Chris Julian
Instructor please.

CJ
914werke
perhaps I missed the thread where it was detail but is this going to mbe like an open lapping day where say 3 groups (Race cars, Experianced racers in Street cars & track novices) alternate? smile.gif
The other question is ...will the pumps be open at the track? unsure.gif Fast Lapping could burn a LOT of fuel.
plas76targa
I'm with jkeyser on this one. I have no f'ing clue what to do other than to mash down my right foot. I'd better have an instructor if any are still available. At least for a first run. I won't mind running solo after a run or two with the instructor. I have to drive the same little 1.7 ltr home so I want keep it and everyone else safe.

What was it Flounder said in Animal House, "this is going to be Great!"

carreraguy
I've driven both a tail dragger and my teener in autox but would like an instructor for the first run of the teener on a race track.
kenschipper
Put me down for an instructor part of the time.

Ken Schipper

user posted image
bernbomb914
I have not driven competively for 30 years so some help would be apprechaited part of the time

Bernie
brer
Instructor would be good.
rhodyguy
wow. here i thought "these hot shoes will all be classing up and i'll have the track to myself". big "novice" group. what? half of the attendees?

k
ablose58
instructor would be gud smilie_pokal.gif at least for a lap or two or three for an unfamiliar track beer.gif
dakotaewing
Drew,
I will take an instructor at least for the first run, if one is available. Thanks for handling this - I understand that its not a "fun" job, and I appreciate the fact that you are doing it -

Thom
drew365
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Apr 19 2005, 09:15 PM)
perhaps I missed the thread where it was detail but is this going to mbe like an open lapping day where say 3 groups (Race cars, Experianced racers in Street cars & track novices) alternate? smile.gif
The other question is ...will the pumps be open at the track? unsure.gif Fast Lapping could burn a LOT of fuel.

Four groups rotating, possibly some time on the skid pad for one group of novices, pumps should be open as they now have a group on the big track but I'm not positive about the pumps.
Howard
QUOTE (drew365 @ Apr 20 2005, 07:09 AM)
The other question is ...will the pumps be open at the track? unsure.gif Fast Lapping could burn a LOT of fuel. [/QUOTE]
Four groups rotating, possibly some time on the skid pad for one group of novices, pumps should be open as they now have a group on the big track but I'm not positive about the pumps.

If you don't like the gas prices lately, you probably won't like the race gas prices at track. Get gas in Rosamond as you get off the freeway.
drew365
Thanks for all the replys. I'd still like to hear from a few more guys, even if you'd rather not have an instructor I'd like to hear from you. Post or email me. Thanks.
SLITS
I will pilot on my own if I make it. The station wagon tour will do me fine. Nothing like spinning into the desert biggrin.gif

Toast should have an instructor for the first session.....

Thanks Drew!
TonyAKAVW
I would definitely appreciate an instructor. The closest I've been to a track is a single trip around a kart track.

-Tony
Andyrew
Am I placed in the novice class or the intermediate class?

If in the novice class, I'd take an instructor part of the time. If I was in the intermediate class, I wouldnt worry.. Im on the fence, I know how to drive, not super fast, but quick enough.. Id like to share the v8 experience with someone else though..
914werke
Ill pass on the instructor, as long as I can follow around someone familiar with the track a couple of laps. driving.gif
I doubt Ill be pushing it to the point of punting myself into the desert as I have to be able to drive the 1k or so miles home headbang.gif
TravisNeff
I could use all the help I can get.. driving.gif
MartyYeoman
Instructor please, Then turn me loose!!!!! driving.gif
Mike D.
I'd like some in car tutorial...instructor for part of the time...
thanks,
Mike D.
mikerose
headbang.gif I will not be there for the track day headbang.gif .

Mike cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.