Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wipers landing on drivers side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrblackbox
After putting my early dash back together,the wipers are landing on the drivers side of the windshield. Is a wire crossed or somehow the switch is in wrong? TIA
Mike Bellis
Mine land on the drivers side.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Oct 20 2016, 02:11 PM) *
After putting my early dash back together,the wipers are landing on the drivers side of the windshield. Is a wire crossed or somehow the switch is in wrong? TIA

That's how they are supposed to be, looks like you fixed them!
shades.gif
jrblackbox
oh boy! I would prefer that they land on the passenger side! Anyway to make them land on the opposite side?
fixer34
QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Oct 20 2016, 04:53 PM) *

oh boy! I would prefer that they land on the passenger side! Anyway to make them land on the opposite side?

Funny you should ask. Like this? (mine is the green one in the center)

Click to view attachment
76-914
Yes. It's posted here somewhere but I'm terrible with searching.
fixer34
I did mine a number of years ago. I think I found a link on Dennis Deed's Yahoo Group board that referenced yet another board/site.

Just looked to see if I kept notes/emails about it, but can't find anything.
I'm thinking it was fairly 'simple'; park the wipers as normal, disconnect the motor cable. Loosen the drive arm on the motor and rotate it 180 degrees. (I think you have to pull the assembly to do this, which also means pulling the gas tank...). When reinstalling the wiper arms, they go the passenger side. Leave them loose 'just in case' and try the wipers. They should sweep normally, but then park on the passenger side.

The wiper arms are bent, so they don't lay nicely along the base of the windshield; I never bothered trying to find another set or re-bend mine.
Dave_Darling
Here's a how-to guide: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...er_reversal.htm

Yes, it's for 911s. Works for 914s as well.

--DD
mepstein
Porsche's are suppposed to park on the driver side.
yellow75
I never drive in the rain so it seems like a lot of BS for something so cometic..
johnhora
Early 911 65/66 park on pass side

the problem I found was the driver side wiper did not clean as much of the windshield as later 911/914 with the parking on driver side.
fixer34
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 20 2016, 06:41 PM) *

Here's a how-to guide: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...er_reversal.htm

Yes, it's for 911s. Works for 914s as well.

--DD

I think that is the one I used. Although Pelican's ad hawking wiper blades that cut off part of the pictures and wording irritated the hell out of me. I didn't see any way to close/get rid of the ad.
wndsnd
Check my COTM..
Elliot Cannon
I prefer mine on the passenger side. To get them to stow properly I bent the arm of one side. Not sure which. I probably doesn't totally cover the drivers side of the window but it doesn't really rain that much here anyway. biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
Not much to the actual job, getting to it is the beotch, you have to remove the airbox. huh.gif
7TPorsh
Parks on the driver's side because when you need the wipers fast so the driver's side gets cleaned first. Wipes the water over to the passenger side.

If vice versa not good. Ever been driving and a car or bus next to you or on the other side of the road kicks up a surge of water on you? and you panic cause you can't see?
sixnotfour
I can park mine left, right, or straight up... blink.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 21 2016, 09:41 AM) *

Parks on the driver's side because when you need the wipers fast so the driver's side gets cleaned first. Wipes the water over to the passenger side.

If vice versa not good. Ever been driving and a car or bus next to you or on the other side of the road kicks up a surge of water on you? and you panic cause you can't see?

Panic? Panic? I never panic. I have been known to emit a high frequency scream on occasion but panic? Never. av-943.gif
Root_Werks
Most 914's I've seen don't have the arms installed correctly. If installed correctly, they are hard to see, even from the Drivers position. The attached picture is sort of hard to see: The pass-side arm should have the bend and be parked almost touching the window trim. The drivers-side arm should be straight and parked having the low end of the wiper blade almost touching the window trim.

Most arms I've seen either have two pass-side arms or arms reversed etc. You can easily park factory arms in the factory position and pretty much out of sight when not in use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.